Salt River Project
Under general supervision, performs work requiring special skills of the trade in the construction and maintenance of transmission and distribution electrical facilities owned and/or operated by the company. May direct the work of others based on the makeup of the crew or work assignment. May sometimes be transported to work locations by fixed wing, rotor, or other means of company approved transportation. Employee is committed to achieve the highest goals of excellence in serving our customers and working with fellow employees.
Anyone position may not include all duties nor do the example of duties include all tasks, which may be found in the position of this class.
- Installs, operates and tests LTC's, transformers, and other related equipment.
- Performs any or all phases of construction and maintenance work on transmission and/or distribution substations, including the erecting of station steel structures, bending of conduit, copper tubing or buss, installing control wiring, oil or air circuit breakers, switchgear, regulators, batteries, rectifiers, or any other electrical controlled equipment associated with a transmission or distribution substation.
- Installs and performs major repairs on all power-generators and control equipment in steam, hydro or other electrical generating power plants.
- Installs, maintains and repairs wiring and electrical equipment owned or operated by the Project used in other facilities.
- Performs tests on rubber and hotstick equipment, changes taps or reconnects wiring on large transformers, rewinds motors, overhauls switches and performs other similar duties as assigned.
- Assists other employees doing related work during vacations, sick leaves, or as workloads vary and are adjusted by supervisory personnel.
- Prepares time and work reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employee must work safely and efficiently in the performance of their job duties. Must maintain effective working relationships with other employees, customers and the public. Must have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, and have the ability to accurately and legibly complete applicable paper work. May be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime.
Completion of an appropriate Apprenticeship program or equivalent.
Certifications or Testing Required
Must pass SRP Clearance Procedures Test
Must possess the appropriate valid Arizona driver's license.
For specific list of training certifications contact departmental manager.
Requisition ID: 14642
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.