Subcontract Field Representative Lead
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Project Services group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Subcontract Field Representative Lead.
Our team works a on-site 9x80 schedule located at our REC facility with every other Friday off!
- The Subcontract Field Representative (SFR) Lead functions as an INL spokesperson and subject matter expert (SME) for F&SS's Subcontract Field Representatives (SFRs).
- Has overall responsibility for the progress of subcontracted projects, including scheduling of contractors/workers and the delivery of equipment and materials.
- Provide direction, mentorship, and oversight to SFRs while managing contracts and providing field management of multiple contractor/subcontractor activities.
- Coordinates work assignments of SFRs within the J130 organization. Decisions made by this individual have significant consequences that could impact the mission and success of the project.
- Monitor resource strength and participate with management in the recruitment/selection of personnel/succession planning/professional development and disciplinary actions.
- Provide input to management for SFR employee performance appraisals.
- Provides guidance and advice to management and employees on subcontract field activities.
- Makes recommendations to management and DOE related to SFR activities.
- Provide performance reporting for team performance metrics.
- PR0300 - Bachelor degree plus 5 years experience in subcontract management, maintenance and operations, or other related technical field; In lieu of a degree management will consider candidates with 13 years successful hands-on experience in subcontract management, maintenance and operations or other related technical field.
- PR0400 - Bachelor degree plus 8 years experience in subcontract management, maintenance and operations, or other related technical field; In lieu of a degree management will consider candidates with 16 years successful hands-on experience in subcontract management, maintenance and operations or other related technical field.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a leadership role managing people.
- Must show proven ability to manage multiple, high-priority assignments simultaneously.
- Must have experience supervising and working with union (craft) personnel.
- Experience with project scheduling and cost estimating is preferred.
- Must be able and willing to wear all types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Advanced computer skills are required.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" / "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills for facilitating relationships.
- Understanding of subcontracting processes and documentation associated with subcontracted projects.
- Solid understanding of Conduct of Operations, Conduct of Maintenance, Conduct of Research, and the Integrated Safety Management System.
- OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety Course.
- Salary Grade: 170
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols
As a condition of employment, Idaho National Laboratory will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidates to comply with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
Idaho National Laboratory has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring that all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with Idaho National Laboratory's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.