Strategy & Performance Consultant Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Supports and/or facilitates the strategic planning and budgeting process as well the delivery of strategic and effective communications, analytics, and measures around all business area activities. Consults with leaders within the business area to develop and deliver impactful metrics and other analytics. Leverages business area systems. Participate on teams and/or lead a variety of key initiatives and special programs on behalf of the business area.
- Strategic: Provides guidance to leaders on identifying goals to be achieved by the business area. Works with leaders to facilitate the process to create an implementation plan in alignment with other functions in the business area, and monitor effectiveness.
- Strategic Planning: Support the strategic planning processes and implementation of the overall business area strategy and operational plans.
- Communication: Responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of strategic communications around all business area activities. Aligns business area communications with overall company messaging and objectives.
- Project Management: Plan, manage, coordinate or participate on cross-functional teams or projects for business area or companywide initiatives.
- Analytics/Metrics: Leverages business area systems and data to identify, develop and deliver impactful metrics and other analytics and/or automated solutions. Consults with leaders in the development of metrics to be used in conjunction with decision making for strategy development and planning. Develops benchmarking and reporting data to ensure consistent processes are followed.
- Budget Management: Provides guidance to leaders within the business area on various aspects of the budget process. Supports initiatives that result in improvements related to the budget process.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- At least five years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy and with business and operational performance measures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in communications with demonstrated ability to deliver effective and strategic messages to a variety of audiences.
- Strong technical background in Microsoft Office suite. Experience leveraging technology.
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills, capable of leading with teams.
- Demonstrated ability to meet business and financial objectives.
- Preferred knowledge of Safety
- Experience leveraging TEAMs and SharePoint tools to create organizational efficiency.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 42400:VP Safety || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $66,000 to $94,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49134
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.