Storekeeper A - Amarillo, TX Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Xcel Energy has an opening for Storekeeper A in Amarillo, TX.
Responsible for warehouse safety procedures and compliance with all SOX process control requirements and corporate policies and procedures associated with material management. Responsible for the security, tracking and control of the corporate inventory and on-time delivery of material to operations groups. Basic knowledge of warehouse processes and material control procedures, (receiving, shipping, issuing, cycle counting, re-ordering, etc.) Also, responsible for providing support to one or more storeroom locations. Ability to utilize software to track and control inventory transactions. Responsible for housekeeping in warehouse areas.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and replenishing inventory in an efficient, cost effective and safe manner. Responsible for ensuring there is adequate material available for on-demand work requests and emergency/storm situations. Issue and stage material for upcoming jobs as requested.
- Responsible for initiating and resolving claims when there are shortages and/or returns with suppliers and carriers. Resolve discrepancies and assures validation of the returned items. Identify slow moving and obsolete material, following the obsolete write-off process.
- Coordinate with other departments to reconcile materials, complete process improvements such as new item setups, min/max changes, consignment material, trailers, and kits.
- Communicate with Supply ChainPlanner/Buyers for material expediting substitutions and special orders. Communicate any expected expedited costs with internal business partners. Manage material availability process and assist Supply Chain and other business organizations regarding discrepancies. Performs additional Supply Chain services required by customer.
- Responsible to ensure all processes are performed in accordance with all SOX requirements and Supply Chain processes and procedures. Manage cycle counting and reconciliation monthly. Initiate bin location changes and scheduled partstransfers between facilities. Responsible for all stock material being cyclecounted once a year in accordance with FERC rules.
- Responsible for accurate data, reporting, tracking and retention of materials by utilizing required Material Management System software for all storeroom transactions. Assist in system upgrade testing and training to Logistics employees when upgrades are released.
- Depending on location, may be responsible for multiple storeroom locations and would perform all above responsibilities at each location. May be called upon to coordinate emergency off-site pickup or delivery of material.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft office and material management software
- Will be required to work extended hours and respond to after hour emergencies
- Requires valid driver's license and ability to travel between work sites or facilities
- Depending on location may require forklift certification
- Must reside within 20 miles of the Amarillo Service Center
- 3 years' experience in warehousing, materials management/purchasing
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 12620:SC Operations SPS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $25.00 to $34.93 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Tuition reimbursement, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Vacation, Holidays, Personal holidays, Sick Time, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Requisition Number: 47621
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.