State Government Affairs Manager Job
Job Grade: R
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Responsible for direct communications between Xcel Energy and state and local government officials and staff on issues having significant financial impact on the Company. directs program, staffing, and resources in areas of responsibility. Serves as lead person on complex projects and issues providing leadership to co-workers.
- Maintain necessary internal and external relationships. Develop professional relationships with Company clients and government officials to establish credibility.
- Lobby public officials in support of Xcel Energy's position on legislation. Manager preparation and presentation of Xcel Energy testimony before units of state and local government.
- Advise and recommend corporate positions to Executive Director and officers on polity decisions and pending actions that may have significant impact on the Company while insuring sensitivity to legislative interests and perceptions.
- Develop, direct and implement key strategies and actions on critical issues.
- Establish effective relationships with associates within the business and labor communities to develop coordinated approaches and coalitions.
- Provide recommendations to Executive Leadership regarding various aspects of Company's human resources and administrative programs.
- Give Team members through complexities of plans and projects
- Bachelor's degree in areas of responsibility.
- Master's degree preferred. Appropriate experience may substitute for education.
- Minimum ten years' experience in areas of responsibility or closely related field.
- Direct lobbying experience in Colorado.
- Baseline knowledge of the utility industry.
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): CO - Denver
Organization: Customer & Utility Innovation
Department: 70455:PSCo State Affs & Comm Rel
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $90,000 to $127,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Lea M Felty
Hiring Manager: Tyler N Smith
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.