Sr. Rate and Business Consultant
Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Senior Rate and Business Consultant that will ensure CFC provides electric utility rate-making, policy, and regulatory advisory consulting services to CFC member systems.
As a Senior Rate and Business Consultant, you will:
• Assist and provide guidance to electric cooperative management and board-of-directors on contemporary retail rate strategies and options.
• Provide CFC members with regulatory consulting services at the federal and state level.
• Conduct revenue requirement and cost of service studies consistent with industry accepted best practices and regulatory bodies.
• Develop traditional electric distribution rates, as well as specialty rates to include residential demand, EV, time-of-use, interruptible, and demand side management for CFC member cooperatives.
• Analyze and assess industry trends, events and federal and state regulatory activities to determine the impact on CFC and its members.
• Prepare competent expert testimony to advocate for the members’ and/or CFC’s positions.
• Develop and present educational programs on technical issues to effectively and clearly transfer knowledge and skills to diverse constituents.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree required, business, economics, finance or engineering related degree is preferred.
• MBA/Master’s Degree or higher in a relevant field preferred.
• 7 years of relevant utility, state commission, FERC or consulting experience.
• Significant familiarity with the electricity industry landscape including state and federal regulations, business models, financial fundamentals, and rate development.
• Proven ability to work across multiple aspects of the electric utility industry.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Advanced BI software skills and analytical/database management tools e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx.
• Statistical, econometric, machine learning modeling/simulation knowledge.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tele-work options, annual incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop. CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.