SR OPERATIONS MANAGER Job
Location(s): CO - Platteville
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Standard Operations Position. Responsible for leading a safe, high performing operations team which may include multiple levels, functions, facilities, while driving the efficient and cost-effective use of resources. Establish a culture of process adherence and continuous improvement. Accountable to effectively lead and implement daily operations, cyclical processes and special projects with diverse resources as needed. Set and achieve business area goals that align with corporate and business unit strategies, goals and objectives, as well as process and performance, customer satisfaction, and reliability metrics.
- Safety: Provide visible safety leadership and drive continuous improvements to achieve desired goals. Develop strategies to achieve safety plan results. Oversee and develop leaders to ensure a safety conscious work environment. Contribute to site safety performance improvement by holding workers, supervisors, and self accountable.
- Operational Effectiveness: Effectively manage team performance through focus on operational efficiency metric trends. Ensure process adherence and data integrity. Drive continuous improvement efforts to define and shape opportunities that drive customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Achieve safety, productivity, customer service, and reliability targets by conducting and implementing strategic planning for area of responsibility. Develop and effectively manage organization budgets and business plans. Identify/implement process improvements, and ensure execution of plans/metrics.
- Talent Management: Establish workforce/development planning practices to build strong, competitive teams and effectively manage performance and drive engagement. Select, optimize, plan and direct the workforce used to provide safe, reliable, compliant operations, and ensure stakeholder satisfaction. Serve as primary contact for issue resolution involving labor relations.
- Relationship Management: Utilize critical thinking and analytical skills to advocate and influence decision making. Foster an environment of exceptional collaboration across a variety of stakeholder groups. Design and develop solutions that meet customer/stakeholder needs. Remove obstacles and provide assistance to team members to improve project and work performance.
- Regulatory & Compliance: Manage and guide the execution of work in accordance with policies, procedures, labor agreements, and regulatory standards. Ensure crews are qualified to perform work responsibilities. Establish, monitor, and track processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Seven or more years in design, construction, operations or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in business area standards, procedures, and applicable government/environmental regulations.
- Three years supervisory experience, with performance-level/field employee groups preferred.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to administer/work within union labor agreements.
- Operational knowledge of work and asset management and analytical/reporting applications.
- Effective change leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and lead company and business area strategies and objectives.
- Proven results at setting/driving performance and operational metrics and achieving process adherence.
- Completion of an approved apprentice program in an appropriately related craft
- Demonstrated understanding of utility finance, capital and O&M
Will be required to be on call for escalated operations and emergencies.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Platteville || CO - Platteville || United States (US) || Operations and Generation || 37200:Ft St Vrain Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $103,000 to $146,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53138
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.