Sr. Engagement Manager - DSM/CIP Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Sr Engagement Manager responsible for working with business units to implement and develop continuous improvement capabilities. This person will engage owners across various enterprise process streams to identify and drive process improvements.
- Project Management: Improvement lead for a portfolio of Enterprise initiatives and targeted Kaizen events. Define deliverables, success metrics and key milestone schedules. Develop work plans, budgets, and cost/benefit analyses. Support and drive successful delivery of project benefits and operational metrics.
- Opportunity Identification & Business Case Development: Responsible for the identification of improvement opportunities within their Enterprise Process value streams; quantifying the value across the streams; and securing approvals. Supports the prioritization and governance process. Responsible for the development of requirements meeting end user needs. Leads Enterprise improvement efforts.
- Continuous Improvement: Engage owners across various enterprise process streams responsible for identifying and driving process improvements. Acts as a key liaison between partners. Participates in enterprise capability building and process management activities. Continually identify opportunities for innovation and improvement.
- Change Management: Provide strategic consultation for process improvement initiatives and develops, implements, and manages a workflow design across the entire business unit. Lead role in providing expert consultation and analysis on issues.Leads ongoing training and support for change agents.
- Relationship Management: Communicates project status to all levels of the organization. Establish collaborative working relationships to maximize project efficiency and resource allocation. Proven capability to effectively communicate and build relationships with front line through executive leadership.
- Financial Management: Assist with management of project financials including budgeting, forecasting, and actuals tracking. Review actuals versus planned budget during project life cycle to identify deviations, and recommend corrective action. Provide guidance for business unit budget impacts.
- KPI Development & Tracking: Influence Enterprise and process level metrics accountability across multiple process streams at the Program level.
- Coach & Mentor: Coach BU leadership and senior leadership through change and BU Continuous improvement Champions on improvement activities, expectations, and opportunities. Provide coaching and training to less experienced team members.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 10 years related business area/industry experience
- Internal/External consulting experience leading improvement and transformation initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment
- Change management and program/project management experience.
- Understand and effectively translate technological and business language.
- Understanding of core business processes/industry trends with ability to interpret and react to ongoing changes.
- Gas and/or Electric Utility Industry experience.
- MBA, Industrial Engineering, or other related certification
- Business process management skillset including Six Sigma/Lean Toolsets, and data management skillsets
- PMP certification
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 51120:C&I Customer Solutions || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48708
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.