Sr. Director, Western Markets Job
Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Design and direct the strategy and development of PSCo's future in energy power markets. Lead a cross-functional team toward management, administration, and implementation of PSCo's participation in energy power markets. Coordinate alignment with OpCo and enterprise strategic directives. Coordinate and provide support to regulatory affairs, state affairs and community relations to achieve local and state policy objectives in favor of Company strategy in energy power markets. Responsible for the overall development and stewardship of relationships with key executive leaders within Western US utilities, power market entities and other key stakeholders engaged in the development and exploration of Western market strategy and regional tariff alternatives. Represent the Company as the subject matter expert in this endeavor.
- Lead the design, strategy, examination, development and ultimately implementation of Company strategies to expand PSCo's participation in Western energy power markets. Lead the negotiation agreements as necessary to achieve desired outcomes.
- Work closely with Executive Management, PSCo Leadership, Commercial Operations, Transmission, State and Federal Regulatory Affairs, and Government Affairs to identify solutions to the Company's Western power market needs as the resource mix, regulatory initiatives, and Federal or legislative directives evolve in Colorado.
- Design and provide direction for long-term solutions regarding joining, forming, or modifying Western power market opportunities and regional tariff alternatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Western market potential, options and ultimately decisions across the Company and in regulatory proceedings. Collaborate with Commercial Operations, Transmission and Federal and State Regulatory Affairs, State Legislative Affairs, and Legal on applicable Federal and State Energy Power Market Regulatory Commission filings.
- Provide leadership to advance Company initiatives and interests on behalf of PSCo in Western Markets, including collaborating and coordinating across internal departments to align on Company and Colorado policy developments.
- Coordinate communications with corporate communications and media relations specific to energy power markets.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, State or Federal Regulatory Energy Policy, or Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years' experience required leading and managing a team (directly or cross-functionally) in the energy or electric utility industry.
- Experience working on energy market matters, technical matters, legislative and/or regulatory utility issues, and/or negotiating and administering contracts.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working within the energy power market or other wholesale markets required.
- Willingness to travel.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Proven leadership experience achieving successful outcomes.
- Proven leadership in building and managing large coalitions or a group of key external stakeholders.
- Experience communicating and working with executive management teams.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer & Utility Innovation || 70455:PSCo State Affs & Comm Rel || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $136,000 to $200,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Pay - Long Term Incentive, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53305
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.