Sr. Director - Data & Analytics Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The Senior Director - Data & Analytics plans enterprise technical strategy, delivers capital projects, and runs state support. They will direct the strategic planning, development, support, maintenance, and operational functions associated with delivering end-to-end internal customer technology solutions. Responsible for developing relationships with clients/sponsor/stakeholders to ensure technology investments align with business goals. Develop and manage complex relationships with all partners required to delivery and maintain and maximize value of IT solutions (including groups such as sourcing, finance, capital asset accounting, vendors). Ensure that business strategic and operating plans are effectively prioritized and supported against company objectives and will be accountable for reliability and scalability of technology solutions to meet customer and regulatory commitments.
- Relationship Management: Build and manages strong effective partnership with internal and external teams. Strong executive presence; able to influence and navigate complex and competing interest of multiple stakeholders. Responsible for critical strategic relationships with key clients/stakeholders/sponsors at senior executive levels.
- Strategic Planning: Leads the development and management of portfolio technology objectives that drive key value results. Effectively collaborates across the organizational enterprise to build technology strategies that drive corporate objectives and business value .
- Operations/ Delivery Management: Accountable for effective operational support and maintenance of solutions. Manages total cost of ownership for operational portfolio. Ensure in-depth knowledge of business operations existing within support team.
- Portfolio Management: Manage large strategic portfolio(s) and/or multiple diverse portfolios. Managed portfolio of technology solutions that optimize total cost of ownership across the enterprise.
- Talent Development: Develop a high performing team by building skills through coaching mentoring and ongoing training and development. Creates and environment of continuous learning and growth development. Develops leadership talent across the organization and develops plans for enhancing organizational talent. Lead talent strategy planning for business unit enterprise including insourcing vs outsourcing strategies. Manages a large team of employees and contractors.
- Financial Management: Accountable to establish and delivery financial budgets: capital expense and inservicing for the entire business unit of IT. Strategically manages financials to ensure business unit supports company financial goals. Knowledge of regulatory strategies and process for financial management of company. Represent/present financial business cases to IRC/FC or BOD and executive leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in business, information technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Sound understanding of core business processes, industry trends, technology developments and IT environments.
- Fifteen years of related IT systems experience - general IT operations with organizational design, strategy, and integration across multiple business functions.At least 5 years middle-management experience.
- At least 10 years of experience supporting multiple and/or complex projects.
- Ability to understand changes in business process and technology and adapt technology to meet business needs.
- Ability to comfortably interact with VP-level business leadership.
- Ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams.
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus.
- Solid internal and external network of business/ technology professionals at the senior executive level preferred.
- Experience building a Data and Analytics Technology Strategy and progressive Delivery roadmap.
- Successful experience communicating vision and strategy and influencing across organizational boundaries.
- Experience implementing a Data and Analytics projects, programs, and projects with both Waterfall and Agile delivery models.
- Strong technical delivery experience related to Data and Analytics technologies.
- Experience recruiting, retaining and developing talent with data and analytics expertise.
- Technical experience in areas of Master Data Management, Data Warehousing/Lake, Cloud, and Visualization.
- Proven successful experience in senior executive communications and facilitation of discussions.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56720:IT-Application Delivery || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $151,000 to $214,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Pay - Long Term Incentive, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49850
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.