Sr Deskside Support Specialist - Energy Trader Support Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Responsible to provide highly responsive tier 1 and 2 technical tool support to the Energy Traders at Xcel Energy in order to maximize technology availability and productivity.Provides prompt, courteous and professional desk side, remote, and walk-around support to key business customers, as well as informal and one-on-one user training. Serve as a leader in diagnosing and developing solutions from a data, information, and process perspective. Lead analysis in research, extraction, and interpretation of data findings. Proactively create hypotheses and analyze past historical information looking for trends and areas for improvement. Intimately understand the business and/or information challenge within the business units. Offer suggestions for improvement and/or further research into data findings or process issues. Develop and leverages a thorough understanding of Xcel Energy applications and infrastructure to increase efficiencies, ensure consistency, and add value. Act as an expert and point-of-contact for technology service requests, deployment, troubleshooting, and repair of desktop and laptop hardware, peripherals, and software.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and coaching to technicians to ensure they have the information and processes needed to accomplish their job responsibilities. Prioritize and mentor others on complex issue resolution.
- Anticipate, develop, and coordinate special projects in conjunction with operations leadership. Determine and develop operational improvements, track results and ensure tangible improvements are documented and communicated. This includes staying abreast on new technologies and finding creative solutions to meet user needs.
- Assess, enhance, and upgrade technical areas and work with system owners to address system issues and improve performance. Ensure system changes are incorporated and communicated effectively.
- Maintain process documentation and steps for supporting all applications. This would include interaction with customers and vendor-led support issues.
- Understand, anticipate, and manage user expectations. Expedite and resolve escalations and issues needing advanced technical or customer service ability.
- Requires on-call rotational shift.
- Associate degree or Certifications (preferred in IT-related field) or equivalent experience; and minimum 5+ years of experience in PC hardware and software diagnostics, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Proficient in the administration of Windows and MS Office.
- Expert knowledge of current PC technology, operating systems, applications, devices and networking (wired /wireless).
- Excellent customer service, troubleshooting, problem-solving and customer-facing skills.
- Ability to work/lead tech support under pressure, to manage multiple priorities, and to operate as a key contributor within technology services.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56779:IT-Client Support Leader || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $34.10 to $47.63 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47676
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.