Sr. Databricks Engineer Job
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
The Unified Data Platform capital project is looking for a highly energetic and seasoned Databricks Engineer with experience in data integrations, data conversions, big data technologies and data warehousing. The Databricks Engineer will need to span the end-to-end life cycle of data - design, execution, deployment and support. As such, this person needs broad experience in data and application architecture, design, and implementation planning, and needs to be able to execute end-to-end solutions in an agile framework and define best practices. Previous Utilities experience is desirable. 10+ years of data experience required, and 2+ years of Databricks experience. The role will be a mix of data architect, developer, and administrator. This role is highly collaborative, requiring engineer to work with multiple teams.
- Key participant and contributor the Databricks Center of Excellence for Data Platform tools. Responsible for the development, administration and usage of the UDP/Databrick solution. Responsibilities include:
- 1) Building, monitoring, and supporting system style integrations (logrythym, serviceNow, appDynamics) to Databricks.
- 2) Administering security access to Databricks system.
- 3) Providing initial system support and POC for Databricks users.
- 4) Engaging Databricks vendor support as needed.
- 5) Monitor the usage and keep it up to date.
- 6) Administering databricks database support.
- 7) Administering the CI/CD process.
- Develop data integrations into the Databricks system.
- Develop administrative solutions for logging, clusters, jobs and libraries in Databricks system.
- Build and maintain relationships with various leaders and team members across IT organizations.
- Lead, perform, and assist with technical collaboration activities with leadership and roles across IT teams (onshore/offshore) with external vendors.
- Identify and resolve technical risks and issues as they arise.
- Ten years of related functional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive inovation and business results.
- Expertise managing the lifecycle of technical solutions.
- Deep Subject Matter Expertise within the respective system domain products, platforms, processes and architecture.
- Broad and deep knowledge of technology architecture, infrastructure, network, security and software principles and models.
- Experience working in partnership with internal and external vendors.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership on technical aspects of large scale projects.
- Experience coaching other developers in system deployment or operational troubleshooting.
- Experience with delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum) and operational models (ITIL).
- Experience and understanding of core IT Service Management functions, such as Change Management and Incident Management.
- Should be familiar with Data integrations, data modeling, data warehousing and bigdata technologies.
- Experience with Python and/or Spark in Databricks would be beneficial.
- Database administration of big data platform administration helpful.
- Strong facilitation, communication and collaborative skills.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies - member of SCRUM team would be a plus.
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire
Organization: Technology Services
Department: 56745:IT-Enterprise Services
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Elizabeth A Robinson
Hiring Manager: Robin B Younkman
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.