Sr. Audit Consultant Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Plans, directs, and performs internal audit projects in specialized or technical areas such as technology, cybersecurity, energy trading/derivatives, or data science. Assesses organizational risk and regulatory compliance, examines the internal control structure, and evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of operations in specialized area. Provides consultation and innovative services to management on special projects for management as required. Provides technical expertise and leadership in specialized area associated with the auditing of Company assets, expenses, revenues, accounting, security, operating controls, compliance with Company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Perform and/or provide assistance on audits of specialized or technical areas for the purpose of evaluating internal control systems and the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Provide consultative and innovative services to business areas upon request. Develop and maintain relationships with audit client and contacts in business areas. Develop understanding of business area risks, processes, and controls. Serve as the primary day-to-day audit contact person with audit client management in specialized or technical areas. Serve as a consultative and innovative resource for others in specialized area and the areas of: operations and regulatory concepts; internal control concepts; auditing concepts and principles.
- Participate in pertinent risk assessment processes for specialized area led by the Audit Manager. Ensure that the audit plan covers higher risks identified for specialized area. For all audit assignments related to specialized area, develop the project risk assessment, audit objectives, scope and audit program.
- Support staff members and audit contractors on significant issues pertaining to specialty area being audited. Provide such staff with technical expertise and guidance to ensure that audit objectives and scope are satisfied. This includes assisting staff members and audit contractors in the development and negotiation of audit recommendations and responses, evaluating their audit performance, and providing guidance regarding department and company policies and procedures.
- Lead the effort to successfully complete annual department goals and participate (in a leadership role where possible) on special projects underway by the department and/or the Company. Lead the identification of departmental innovation, process improvements and industry best practices that could provide additional benefits to the department.
- Bachelors degree in Information/Data Science, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, or other business-related field required.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) or relevant professional credential.
- Minimum eight years of business/industry experience.
- Demonstrated advanced experience, skills and knowledge in specialized or technical areas.
- Understand internal control concepts and their practical application.
- Effectively communicate to a variety of audiences and analyze complex business scenarios.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 20%.
- Demonstrated advanced experience, skills and knowledge in Operational Technology (OT)
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 10200:Audit Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $87,000 to $123,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48864
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.