Specialist OT/SCADA Network & Security Senior
This position is posted until filled.
Department:: Stragic Asset Management
No job description available
Specialist OT/SCADA Network & Security Senior
Salary Grade: G05
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$86,016 - $116,120 - $146,226
This position is covered by NERC CIP cyber security standards. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment, which includes identity verification and a criminal background check. Prior to being granted unescorted access to cyber secure areas, the candidate must attend cyber security training; supplemental training for certain PNMR Energy/Generation management and annual cyber security training will be required.
Under limited supervision performs a multitude of operational technology network, security, and technical support duties for Operations Technology (OT) assets including but not limited to Energy/Generation system networks and related network security and system security tools. Serves as the subject matter expert on implementation of Energy/Generation Systems technologies, implementation of NERC CIP compliance, and technical support of Energy/Generation management system networks and related system security tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages implementation, maintenance, and support of security and network solutions for the operations environments, including but not limited to: firewalls, network switches and routers, security event monitoring, log management tools, anti-virus/malware prevention tools, and vulnerability assessment solutions
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration, and installation
- Installs and maintains local area network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, and wiring
- Evaluates local area network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations
- Coordinates installation of hardware and software by others
- Provides support to and trains users in local area network administration and usage
- Monitors and maintains network stability and security status monitoring tools
- Communicates and coordinates network schedule, backups, and downtime to users
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services for assets managed by the OT organization
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts
- Coordinates work with other departments within the Company
- Assists other operations and IT personnel with project and problem resolution
- Develops and implements network availability monitoring for Energy/Generation/Plant Management networks
- Expert Knowledge of data communications/telecommunications principles and practices
- Expert knowledge of NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards
- Expert knowledge of security solutions utilized in SCADA/Control systems environments
- Knowledge and ability to use a protocol analyzer to troubleshoot and examine network communication
- Expert knowledge and ability to use Network Monitoring and security tools to gather Network and security events/statistics, and interpret into meaningful information
- Ability to identify and evaluate Network/security needs to justify and recommend solutions
- Ability to identify and communicate network impact possible due to proposed or planned application installation or network operating system changes
- Provide expert analysis, planning, and design for Network projects
- Ability to oversee and implement all phases of project management from site planning, to installation, migration, and implementation
- Ability to provide technical assistance on project planning for co-workers
- Ability to effectively handle many concurrent assignments with minimum guidelines pertaining to objectives, priorities or technical approach
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or relevant technical discipline, and five to seven years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Control Systems, Energy Management Systems, SCADA, or power plant experience strongly preferred.
- Must possess current, legally valid driver;s license and meet the Company's driving record requirements.
- Professional Certification in network and/or security administration strongly desired, such as the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or the SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- In-depth knowledge of Ethernet 802.3 Specifications; TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) suite; SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) for management of Network devices
- Working knowledge of ICCP, DNP3, and other common IEC utility protocols such as IEC-60870-5, IEC-61850
- Working knowledge of OSI (Open System Interconnection) reference model with emphasis on bottom three layers
- In-depth knowledge of LAN technologies such as IPV4, IPV6, QoS, switching, routing, fast-Ethernet and VLANs and of WAN topologies such as MPLS, SONET/SDH, Frame/Relay, HDLC and Point-to-Point
- In-depth knowledge of Virtual Private Networking technologies such as IPSEC, SSL/TLS, SSH, site to site and network to network
- In-depth knowledge of firewall technologies including network and application firewalls, stateful packet inspection, network address translation (NAT)
- In-depth knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Computer room environment.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.