Specialist Desktop Management Senior
Salt River Project
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and problem resolution of workstation equipment and application software. Works closely with end users in configuring hardware and software to meet business needs.
- Implements solutions to specific workstation problems.
- Coordinates and installs workstation hardware and software.
- Confers with end users on workstation hardware and software issues involving installation, training, and problem resolution.
- Participates in the analysis and resolution of network problems associated with specific workstation problems.
- Keeps current on technology industry trends or issues and assesses impact on existing workstation configurations and standards.
- Provides information for databases that track hardware inventory, trouble calls, and problem resolution.
- Assists infrastructure consultant in advising end users on compatibility issues between corporate desktop standards and hardware/software considered non-standard.
- Assists infrastructure consultant with research and advises end users on technology and any compatibility issues with existing hardware/software.
- Assists in development of workstation specifications and compatible configurations.
- May perform duties of infrastructure consultants in their absence.
College level coursework (100+) from an accredited institution will be evaluated on an individual basis according to the skill/level to determine if applicable to the position by management.
At job entry, placement will be determined by a review of college transcripts and related work experience. A minimum of 6 years of related experience is required for the senior level. Once placed into the job family, an employee may become eligible for promotion by demonstrating the ability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by their management and meeting experience requirements.
- Specialized access to secured network environment.
- Frequent access to confidential information stored on individual workstation drives.
- Represent is department to other SRP employees.
- Requires frequent travel to all SRP sites.
- May be matrixed to other SRP departments, requiring coordination from non-functional supervisor.
- Understanding of and compliance to NERC/CIP regulations.
Requisition ID: 14567
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.