Sourcing Project Specialist Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Provides leadership and direction for large, complex projects. Develops negotiation strategies and leads negotiations with suppliers representing all internal stakeholders. Executes contracts and monitors supplier performance to optimize project success. Mentors, coaches and oversees development of associate sourcing project specialists.
- SOURCING - Sources for high-value, complex goods and services in support of significant company projects (up to $50M). Leads the process for defining technical bid requirements and specifications and specialized terms and conditions required by individual capital projects. Leads bidding events and bid evaluation teams to analyze proposals and award business. Seeks opportunities to consolidate sourcing activities to encourage supplier competition. Seeks opportunities for cost savings and cost avoidance.
- NEGOTIATIONS - Develops negotiation strategies and leads negotiations representing company interests in major project purchases associated with capital projects. Facilitates the resolution of disputes and contract adjustments with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT - Establishes and oversees the process to track and monitor supplier performance, commitments and progress milestones to ensure full value of the project has been achieved. Identifies opportunities in collaboration with a category manager to support project needs with key suppliers in alignment with category strategies. Manages tier I and II supplier relationships as assigned.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Creates and manages a project plan for the sourcing of goods and services and controls the necessary supply chain resources in support of the plan. Interacts with business unit personnel to integrate the sourcing and business project plans. Maintains relationships with key business unit stakeholders and communicates sourcing project status. Establishes metrics for evaluating and documenting specific supplier services and contractual requirements and monitors performance.
- RISK CONTAINMENT - Applies understanding of underlying principles of contract law to administer all project contract agreements and contractual forms, Defines and manages the risk elements of the contract and assembles all necessary documentation for obtaining project-specific insurance. Limits company liability by ensuring all required documents and notices have been obtained and are satisfactory.
- MENTORING - Mentors associate project specialist in sourcing event management, negotiation strategy, program standardization, supplier management, project management and risk containment.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or equivalent experience required
- Requires 5 of purchasing, sourcing or logistics experience
- Significant contract knowledge, negotiation and project management skills required
- Requires considerable knowledge and expertise in sourcing and supply chain management principles
- Must pursue and maintain Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) certification or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Office suite and significant experience with purchasing and sourcing systems is required
- Must be results-oriented and customer focused
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and presentation skills are required
- Up to 20% domestic travel is required
- Project management experience is a plus
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; MN - Monticello; MN - Welch || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 45419:FT Nuclear Supply Chain || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $77,000 to $109,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47282
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.