1. Participate in the design, implementation, and test of software systems.
2. Understand hardware and software interactions, and develop software that instruments various test hardware.
3. Prepare and maintain designs and test documentation.
4. Mentor Associate Engineers and Technicians.
5. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
6. Understand. Create. Simplify.
7. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
Typically 2+ years experience in one or more of the following areas:
--- Applications in Windows or Linux environments including:
- Object oriented design
- Object oriented languages (C++, C#, Delphi, Java)
- C, C++, Python
- GUI design (WinForms, WPF, Qt, Swing, etc)
--- Backend business logic systems including:
- System drivers
- REST Webservice communication
--- Automated Testing/scripting
- Bash, CMD, Python, Perl, C# Script, etc
- Automated unit testing frameworks (nUnit, MSTest, jUnit, etc)
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Peripheral communications protocols (SCPI, RS232, etc)
Electronics testing equipment
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
About this Employer
Join an industry leader in power system protection, technology, service, and value. We develop and manufacture products and solutions for the protection, control, monitoring, and automation of electric power systems worldwide.
At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.