Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Software Services group is seeking experienced front and back-end Software Engineers to support a wide variety of line of business applications! Our team works a remote 9x80 schedule with every other Friday off.
- Performs as a developer on the custom application development team, primarily developing web applications using .Net and MS SQL.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications. This is done using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Works independently to complete complex application development and ensure quality and security are built into the systems.
- Works with the established tools and standards to ensure a quality user experience is maintained in all applications.
- Performs database and web/middleware tasks independently using supplied specifications, using REST and WebAPI.
- Delivers complex and quality applications and databases.
- Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs.
- Translates logical designs into physical designs and produces detailed design documentation.
- Develops estimates for own work on increasingly complex work and for small teams.
- Takes part in code reviews and testing of own and colleagues' work.
- Embraces and ensures compliance with safety and security requirements, be aware of site and town hazards as you approach each job task.
- Level 3- Bachelors plus 5 years' relevant experience or Advanced Degree plus 3 years' experience, or 13 years' relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Level 4- Bachelors plus 8 years' relevant experience or Advanced Degree plus 6 years' experience, or 16 years' relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Applicants are subject to the requirements of DOE O 142.3B, Unclassified Foreign National Access Program.
- Experienced in developing in C#/.Net applications
- Experienced using MS SQL databases in application development
- Solid understanding of database concepts and design principles
- Experience with Kanban development methodology
- Experience with .NET MVC 5, C#, Dapper, SQL Server
- Experience with RESTful API and WebAPI interfaces
- Ability to be a strong team player and effectively organize and lead tasks.
- Ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences.
- Excellent customer communication skills, senior mentoring skills, and results-oriented management.
- Experience with .NET 6 and .NET Core
- Experience with Mobile/responsive web frameworks such and ReactJS.
- Experience mentoring others and leading technical tasks.
- Experience with Linq to SQL and Entity Framework
- Experience with Jira, Agile, continuous integration, and deployment using Azure DevOps
- Experience with other development languages
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) experience
- Project management/business analysis experience
- Salary Grade 210 ($93,492 - $154,212) / Salary Grade 220 ($107,520 - $177,336)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting, and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959, must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.