Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Software Services group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Software Developer! This team works a remote 9x80 schedule with every other Friday off.
- Performs as a developer on the software development team, primarily developing on .Net and MS SQL environments. Other technologies and frameworks include Java, and Mobile (iOS and Android).
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well engineered result.
- Leads the completion of complex application development and quality delivery
- Selects and uses tools and methods to establish, clarify and communicate the user experience, users' characteristics and tasks, and identifies the technical, organizational and physical environment in which complex products or systems will operate.
- Develops and maintains specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modeling techniques and design principles and a detailed knowledge of database architectures, software and facilities.
- Performs database and web/middleware tasks independently of supplied specifications to achieve a well-engineered result, using REST and WebAPI.
- Mentors Junior staff, Delivers complex and quality applications and databases.
- Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs.
- Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation.
- Develops estimates for own work on increasingly complex work and for small teams.
- Embraces and ensures compliance with safety and security requirements, be aware of site and town hazards as you approach each job task.
- Level 3: Baccalaureate & 5 years' experience, Advanced Degree & 3 years' experience, or 13 equivalent experience
- Level 4: Baccalaureate & 8 years' experience, Advanced Degree & 6 years' experience, or 16 equivalent experience
- Applicants are subject to the requirements of DOE O 142.3B, Unclassified Foreign National Access Program.
- Experienced in developing in C#/.Net applications
- Experienced using MS SQL databases in application development
- Solid understanding of database concepts and design principles
- Experience with RESTful API and WebAPI interfaces
- Experience mentoring others and leading technical tasks.
- Ability to be a great teammate and effectively organize and lead tasks.
- Excellent customer communication skills and senior mentoring skills.
- Experience with other development languages
- SharePoint development experience
- Java experience
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) experience
- Project management/business analysis experience
- Salary Grade 210 ($91,032 - $150,156) / Salary Grade 220 ($104,688 - $172,668)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.