SMC Manufacturing Technician
Idaho National Laboratory
- Exhibit the skills and knowledge for correct, efficient, and safe operations of complex and sophisticated manufacturing equipment and/or instrumentation.
- Receive training to expand the breadth and depth of knowledge regarding sophisticated manufacturing equipment and/or instrumentation through self-paced training and obtaining/maintaining applicable qualifications.
- Under supervision of a senior operator, operate complex and sophisticated equipment and ensure it is operated in accordance with approved procedures, maintained correctly, and safely locked and tagged out when required.
- Perform routine tasks independently and ensure that system equipment is functioning correctly and within operating parameters.
- Work in radiological and non-radiological areas wearing the proper personal protective equipment i.e. respirators, RAD clothing, eye wear, shoes, etc.
- Under supervision solve problems, trouble shoot, and perform diagnostics using computers or CNC machine controllers.
- Position requires a basic knowledge of hoisting and rigging, and the ability to operate a variety of devices to move material, boxes, pallets, and product containers, etc.
- Properly use mechanical hand tools, pneumatic and conventional power tools; use all types of precision measurement equipment; and weld product related materials.
- Maintain accurate and compliant records and a ssist in updating and maintaining technical procedural reference documents.
- Apply standard procedures for assigned tasks and known processes.
- Maintain qualification for operations; support committee assignments, and training. Must have good problem solving skills and under supervision perform diagnostics using computers or machine controllers.
- Handle Project classified and unclassified sensitive data/materials properly while maintaining vigilance against security infractions/violations.
- The incumbent will contribute to team processes and assigned support activities and independently interact with peers at the group level.
- Since some of the work is developmental, the incumbent must be able to communicate well on a technical level and follow instructions under the direction of senior operators.
- Must have a basic understanding of CNC programming.
- High School diploma and 2 years proven experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Complete the identified core training for an SMC Operator within the first twelve months.
- Salary Grade 160 ($49,500 - $79,188).
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.