Smart Grid Engineer
ISO New England
Hybrid work with up to 3 days remote
How you will make an impact:
- Conduct research, development and implementation of cutting edge technologies such as cloud computing, machine learning, synchrophasor technology, and renewable integration.
- Support complex big data analysis of power system planning, operations and wholesale electricity market by applying techniques such as statistics, probabilistic risk assessment models, data mining, etc.
- Analyze, design, prototype and recommend solutions to complex technical challenges from business units such as Planning, Operations, and IT
- Collaborate state-of-the-art power system research with external research organizations such as EPRI, PSERC, CURENT, DOE National Labs, software vendors
- Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or Computer Science
- Knowledge/experience with power system modeling, simulation and analysis, especially related to Inverter Based Resources (IBRs) such as Wind, Solar, Battery, HVDC, etc.
- Working experience with commercial power system analysis tools such as PSS/E, PSCAD, TSAT, PowerWorld, and Plexos is a plus
- Knowledge/experience in software development (Java, Python, Matlab, ....)
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Five years of experience is required for the Senior Engineer, and eight years of experience is required for the Lead Engineer
- Experience with the GE Grid EMS system
- Knowledge and user experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.