PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Shift Supervisor
Position Type: Contract
Location: San Antonio, TX
Reports to: Operations Manager
PIC Group has an excellent opportunity for a Shift Supervisor in a fast paced and dynamic work environment at a state-of-the-art Research and Development Facility located in San Antonio, TX. The Shift Supervisor would report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for operations of proof-of-concept project that recycles plastic through a cutting-edge catalyst reforming process. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for all plant operations and maintenance activities during his shift, including personnel safety, equipment safety while operating a fluidized catalytic cracking unit (FCC) and other ancillary systems designed to molecularly change plastics into its original form. The Shift Supervisor will play an integral part in developing and maintaining a coordinated approach when directing operations personnel in the start-up, operation, shutdown, and maintenance of the feed and melt system, reactor, regenerator, main column, and all balance of plant equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct shift operations personnel in a safe and efficient operation of the feed and melt system, reactor, regenerator, main column, and related auxiliary systems from inside and outside the control room.
- Direct and oversee shift operations personnel in the proper start-up, operation, and shutdown of equipment, systems, and the plant in accordance with approved plant procedures.
- Upon identification of faulty equipment or system operation, troubleshoot the cause and take proper corrective action to restore the plant to a safe condition.
- Respond to system and plant emergencies in accordance with the emergency response plan.
- Monitor unit air emissions and take steps to maintain within acceptable limits. Notify the Operations Manager of situations that may result in violation of established limits and/or regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the activities of maintenance personnel and contractors working in the plant to ensure activities are conducted in a safe and proper manner.
- Verify and authorize isolation and tagout/lockout of plant equipment as required to support plant maintenance, testing, and other operational activities.
- Periodically audit the tagout/lockout system to ensure all required tags and locks remain in place, and program is administered properly.
- Prepare shift reports as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Observe and correct situations that are likely to develop into future operational problems or safety hazards.
- Report and respond to chemical spills and leaks in accordance with plant Emergency Response Plan.
- Direct and oversee shift operations personnel in the operation of equipment disconnects, circuit breakers, and switches.
- Obtain thorough turnover from Shift Supervisor being relieved, including special orders and unusual operating conditions.
- Review plant status and operating logs prior to taking over the shift.
- Conduct thorough turnover to the relieving Shift Supervisor for special orders and unusual operating conditions.
- Schedule and supervise tests on plant fire and chemical safety equipment.
- Identify and authorize work requests for defective plant equipment.
- Supervise personnel to maintain the plant in a clean, orderly condition.
- Schedule and conduct safety meetings and periodic training.
- Assist in training operations personnel.
- Safely operate vehicles on-site as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Strong working knowledge of petrochemical or hydrocarbon plant start-up, operation, and shutdown.
- Theoretical and practical operational knowledge of the fluidized catalytic cracking process, equipment, and overall system operations.
- Ability to respond to plant abnormal situations, alarms, and emergencies such as fire, flooding, bomb threat, chemical spill, oil spill.
- Ability to supervise technical personnel in a team environment.
- Skilled in evaluation of employee job performance
- Thorough knowledge of equipment isolation and tagging procedures.
- Knowledge of the purpose and proper use of plant safety equipment.
- Ability to lead a team in an industrial setting.
- Strong communication, leadership, teamwork, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Prolonged standing, combined with periods of walking the plant floor multiple times in a shift.
- ADD Aux Operator standard requirements.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- 2+ years advanced education in an Engineering discipline OR equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- 5+ years' experience as a Shift Supervisor in an industrial, petrochemical or hydrocarbon setting.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.