Service Connection Associate Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Accessible as the first point of entry for residential and commercial electric and gas customers requesting Construction or Design services across various states. Responsible for processing customer requests as well as providing them detailed information and recommendations regarding company policies and practices. Responsibility is to provide accurate and efficient customer contact through listening to customer's needs, resolving issues with one contact. Assist with monitoring, supporting and developing representatives in support of department objectives. This position is targeted to a specific customer base of builders, developers, electricians, HVAC contractors and inspectors. Various shifts required for department coverage.
- Analyze and determine appropriate process to expedite customer's inquiries and requests regarding residential and commercial gas and electric construction services (new, rewires, protective lighting, switching request and temporary services) that are received via phone, fax, email or mail. Establish initial service installation dates and communicate to customer and appropriate construction or design area. Performs standard processes for the department.
- Responsible for accurately inputting, communicating and referencing information reflecting the company's involvement or requirements in company systems that provide billing, metering, account origination, outage maintenance and work management.
- Provide technical assistance and referrals to other employees and departments. Research, analyze and provide solutions for service related customer needs using available resources, assigned to include but not limited to business and technical support.
- Assist in training new employees by demonstrating and explaining correct policies, procedures, and evaluating trainee performance.
- Perform other specialized tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor and manager. Participate in specialized projects such as serving on quality teams, committees, and process improvement teams. Assigned to include but not limited to business and technical support.
- High School Diploma.
- Two years in Delivery or Customer Care or equivalent work experience.
- One year of project leadership experience preferred.
- Previous customer contact experience.
- Working knowledge of computer systems that support billing, metering, account origination, outage maintenance and work management.
- Familiar with PC/Microsoft systems.
- Must be customer focused.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter as well as work in a team environment.
- Must be flexible and display leadership and training abilities.
- Knowledge of department processes and system procedures.
- Must be able to build working relationships with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Operations || 59356:Builders Call Line East - NSPM || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $23.20 to $32.46 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48763
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.