Service Company Accounting Manager Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Provide overall management and direction in the areas of accounting and financial reporting (internal and external), with primary focus on internal accounting operations. Provide leadership in the interpretation of accounting information from the Natural Chart of Accounts to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commissions' Uniform System of Accounts. Lead Company personnel in understanding and complying with the processes, which facilitate the achievement of company financial goals and objectives.
- Ensure the timely and accurate accounting close each month using the General Ledger system and confirming appropriate pass-through to the regulatory ledger. Oversee development, refinement, and oversight of accounting policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide proactive analysis and support to Operations and Finance. Develop and maintain relationships with Operations and Finance.
- Assist and direct staff in preparation of various mandatory external financial reports of the Company to FERC, state regulators and shareholders and others. Ensure compliance with various reporting and accounting requirements for such reports. Provide support to external auditors as necessary.
- Provide education, training, and support to business area related to accounting policies. Ensure pertinent accounting policies and procedures are implemented and applied. Coordinate the implementation of new accounting requirements.
- Development and maintenance of standard recurring journal entries. Prepare and review month-end account reconciliations accurately and timely.
- Attract, recruit, and retain highly trained and motivated staff. Establish and communicate clear performance expectations.
- Maintain documentation and perform testing of Sarbanes Oxley controls. Coordinate internal and external audit activities.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in various job-related areas such as accounting, financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, and business and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and FERC regulatory accounting requirements.
- This position requires the ability to effectively use computer financial systems, Microsoft Office Suite, demonstrated planning, analytical, problem solving skills and ability to work extended hours.
- Oral and written communication skills are critical.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and promote a team environment.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75420:Srvc Company Accounting || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48796
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.