Senior Technical CDL/Electrical Instructor Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Provide professional safety/technical training consulting across the Company/Enterprise. Utilize systematic approaches to training to develop and maintain training materials. Design evaluation instruments and analyze trainee and stakeholder feedback for program improvements. Position may require extended periods of time at the customer site. Manage training programs. Coordinate apprenticeship programs within regions.
- Utilize systematic approach to training to deliver effective training, and adhere to records management requirements. Design and develop skills enhancement strategies and practices to support continuous improvement of personnel necessary to meet/exceed business and organizational goals and to be successful in meeting industry and competitive challenges.
- Provide oversight and work direction for apprenticeship programs, continuing technical training, and instructional staff. Support continuous improvement of field staff to meet/exceed organizational goals.
- Fully utilize business processes (scorecard, marketing strategies, manufacturing-analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation) and project management in implementing training.
- Consult with customer to identify business needs and objectives. Provide customer contact for all training services, products and programs.
- Design and maintain effective testing instruments and perform statistical analysis to quantitatively and qualitatively evaluate overall effectiveness, cost benefit and ultimate bottom line impact of the training/consulting product or service provided.
- Perform technical and process improvement consulting.
- Meet continuing technical and instructional requirements by adhering to Training Process Procedures.
- Coordinate and facilitate special projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Education, or technical field related to the subject(s) in which the individual will provide instruction is preferred, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge (specialized trade school, instructor certification, military training, journeyman training) is required.
- Five years of training experience or equivalent technical work experience related to subject area of instruction.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to effectively use Microsoft Office applications.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Hugo || MN - Hugo || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 84210:Ops Tech Trng ES Elec NSP || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $77,000 to $109,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO)
Requisition Number: 49849
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.