Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE 3)
ISO New England
Hybrid schedule with 3 days remote if desired
Participation in paid on-call
How you will make an Impact
- Day to day development and support of internal and external web based applications on Linux servers written in Java (J2EE), SpringMVC, and JSP, PL/SQL, JDBC and SOAP XML web services.
- Troubleshoot issues by identifying root cause and develop a plan for problem resolution. Identify and remediate web related vulnerabilities in a timely manner.
- Utilize the software development life cycle and manage production business processes to resolve software problems and improvements by writing user change requests and functional specifications.
- Design, program, implement code, test, install and configure applications.
- Work in a team environment to support user and other technical staff.
- Learn ISO-NE business processes and adhere to ISO-NE software and change management and IT standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience in application software development, software engineering, configuration management, and programming in a distributed environment
- Experience working with web based applications support and development on Linux using Java
- (J2EE), SpringMVC, and JSP, Thymeleaf, Java script, PL/SQL, JDBC and SOAP XML web services.
- Experience with Oracle 18, PL/SQL, and with SpringMVC and JBoss 7.x app servers in complex or large-scale web application projects and support.
- Familiarity with GIT, Jenkins, and CI/CD pipeline concepts and tools
- Demonstrated competency in system analysis and issue investigation and resolutions is required
- Experience with AWS Cloud Technologies. AWS Cloud Certified Developer certification highly desirable
- Experience with Kubernetes, Containers highly desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Understanding of relational databases specifically Oracle and Postgres
- Experience working in an applications support environment
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.