Senior Rate Analyst Job
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
To provide leadership and utilize expertise in the consolidation, documentation and presentation of the information necessary to develop and improve the process for specific components of jurisdictional cost of service studies, revenue requirement determinations, fuel clause adjustment administration and related projects ensuring consistency and accuracy of results.
- Provide information to Xcel's business units and regulatory management that will assist in the development and implementation of revenue analysis strategies that will meet cost recovery objectives to ensure electric, gas and thermal energy rates are competitive, profitable, and within regulatory guidelines. Analyze other companies' rate filings and results to increase expertise and keep abreast of regulatory matters.
- Consolidate, document, develop and audit specific components necessary to prepare jurisdictional cost of service studies, revenue requirement determinations, fuel clause filings and other related information and schedules. Develop and provide rate-related information and technical support necessary to support a wide variety of miscellaneous regulatory filings.
- Facilitate interveners and Commission staff data request responses and auditing functions on technical issues during general rate filings and other filed petitions, and assist in support required during the hearing process.
- Maintain effective communication between Revenue Analysis unit and other Xcel departments. Provide technical support to other departments concerning revenue analysis information and issues. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to present complex information to a highly diverse group of receivers.
- Work directly with Information Services to assist in the development, enhancement and maintenance of the area's various information systems to meet the regulatory information needs of the Company and improve the information process.
- Provide technical assistance to department employees to increase their knowledge and efficiency particularly in the area of information management, processing and reporting, utilizing the latest information processing tools and technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, or related field (6 years in a related field may substitute for the degree)
- 4 years analyst experience
- Knowledge of industry accounting, budgeting and financial forecasting procedures and systems
- Detailed knowledge of industry cost of service, revenue requirement procedures, and fuel clause adjustment procedures
- Proficient at database and personal computer analytical and reporting tools
- Periodic overnight travel required; requires extensive overtime
- Utility experience preferred
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 70410:Revenue Requirements South || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $79,000 to $113,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53219
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.