Senior Operations Work Coordinator Job
Location(s): TX - Amarillo; TX - Lubbock
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Standard Operations Position. Responsible for the maintenance and coordination of daily work plans for one or more functional areas across a large number of crews that effectively and efficiently use resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance. Provide work assignments to operations resources, assign equipment, request materials and complete other pre-requisite steps to enable the performance of requested work functions. Responsible for understanding the work detail of a given area and a thorough working knowledge of its assets and processes to establish the optimum crew and resource assignments.
- Adjust planned schedules on a day-to-day basis and assign crews for priority tasks in light of resource availability, scheduling conflicts and real-time progress reports from front line leaders.
- Review approved incoming designed work that falls outside the normal scheduling window, maintain visibility into the real-time "queue" and assign new tasks to manage exception work.
- Review work packet prior to assigning work. Coordinate all equipment to complete the work, complete pre-requisites needed "just in time" for work execution, and request all materials needed. Ensure the work acceptance process is completed properly and coordinate site checking and job readiness. Identify and determine necessary project changes and communicate changes to appropriate personnel.
- Manage work rejections from crews, triage additional work requests, and regularly adjust the schedule to accommodate disruptions in order to maintain promised start dates. Communicate schedule updates to front line leaders, crews and/or other stakeholders to eliminate non-productive field time.
- Communicate and work effectively with local supervisors and build and leverage strong partnerships with stakeholder groups and customers at a variety of levels to maximize productivity, utilization and operational efficiency of all resources.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum five years' experience in construction, design, maintenance or operations area (utility experience preferred).
- Scheduling/planning experience in utility or construction industry preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and manage work activities in a manner that meets customer and/or internal stakeholder requirements.
- Established analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet tools.
- Ability to retrieve and manipulate data from reporting tools.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of computer software applications which include Microsoft products, work management, mapping and scheduling tools.
-Proficient SAP experience.
-Experience with Click Software.
-Leadership experience such as experience Leading Team Meetings.
-Experience coordinating capital projects/schedules.
-Ability to build/maintain relationships w/ other departments.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo; TX - Lubbock || United States (US) || Operations || 13560:SPS Panhandle Subs Ops & Mtce || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $29.70 to $41.56 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53247
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.