Senior Mechanical Engineer IBEW 949 Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This position performs or oversees Program,engineering activities in support of the safe, reliable and efficient operations of the nuclear generation power plants at a Plant and Fleet to solve complex engineering issues. Primary responsibilities include supporting Steam Generator and Reactor Vessel program activities, calculations, engineering evaluations, equipment operability determinations, maintenance of design basis documents and resolution of complex Corrective Action Issues. Additional responsibilities include overseeing other engineers in the review of existing / new design (or program, plant, procedure or contract)documents, in support of continued plant operation, assessment of adverse conditions, engineering analyses, and project management skills. This role will have a Mechanical Engineering focus.
• Lead or oversee performance of highly technical or complex systems. Lead troubleshooting of nuclear power plant systems, calculations, engineering evaluations, operability determinations, maintenance of design basis documents, resolution of complex Corrective Action issues, support of continued plant operation, assessment of adverse conditions and project management. Provide technical leadership for other engineers and designers and act as the technical expert for quality improvement initiatives. The individual has valuable expertise that is needed by the Company to solve complex engineering issues and complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
• Develop schedules, utilize work management tools, performs or oversee assignments for engineering related activities at the most senior level subject matter expert to support site and fleet goals. Perform other duties and activities as assigned.
• Attend Department and plant meetings and represent the Company at industry events or activities. Provide technical guidance in subject area to nuclear power industry and is recognized by other industry leaders as a subject matter expert in his or her area.
• Attend training and complete other duties and/or projects as assigned by department leadership.
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related technical field from an ABET accredited college or university.
•8or more years engineering experience with high performance ratings plus technically mature industry leader (see requirements in skill proficiency section to determine technical maturity) in at least one engineering discipline area in a nuclear generating plants accompanied by demonstrated industry expertise in at least one engineering discipline area is required; (note: equivalent years of engineering experience in electrical power plant experience industrial, naval or Outreach Engineering Management (OEM) may be considered in lieu of up to one half of nuclear generation experience.)
• May be required to assume emergency response duties and live within 30 or 60 minutes from the nuclear generation station. Required to maintain nuclear "fitness for duty" during off hours if on call or designated emergency response duty
• Ability to obtain and maintain qualifications for unescorted access to Xcel Energy's nuclear power plants is an essential requirement of the position.
• Professional Engineer (PE) license.
• SRO License or certification.
• Advance degree (in engineering or other related technical field).
• Experience in steam generator and reactor vessel program management.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Welch || MN - Welch || United States (US) || Nuclear || 45656:FT PI Eng FIN Mechanical || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $66.04 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only)
Requisition Number: 47468
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.