Senior Master Campus Planner
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Off of Campus Planning & Space Management group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Senior Master Campus Planner!
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our Idaho Falls facility with every Friday off!
- Lead comprehensive infrastructure siting, programming, planning and feasibility studies.
- Work with Associate Laboratory Directors, the Project Management Organization (PMO), Lab Director, and other functional organizations.
- Short and long-term development of the laboratory for existing use and campus growth.
- Contributes in the development, implementation, and management of campus standards and plans for the continuous improvement of the laboratory's physical resources and operations.
- Development of detailed program layouts for both new and existing administrative, instructional and research space.
- Effectively transition notional and conceptual projects to full blown execution by project management staff upon receipt of funding.
- Responsible for developing, validating and documenting scopes of work, conceptual layouts, schedules, and conceptual budgets.
- Contribute to development of laboratory objectives and principles and to achieve goals in effective ways.
- Train, guide and mentor junior staff and some senior staff.
- Work on significant and unique issues and provide solutions which are highly innovative and inventive, and where analysis requires evaluation of intangibles.
- Create and rely upon formal networks involving coordination among internal groups and critical external customers and entities.
- Integrate and coordinate multiple site planning activities into a comprehensive INL-wide campus master plan, and ensure the plan is kept up-to date.
- Primary INL liaison with INL General Counsel, the DOE Real Property Officer, and the community, city, county and state regarding long, mid and short-range infrastructure development plans needing integration with INL. This includes commercial real estate, federal real property acquisition, rights-of-ways, easements, leases, and other tools for managing infrastructure commodities.
- BS and 8 years, or MS and 6 years relevant experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Significant prior experience in design and facility construction project management.
- Experience in institutional campus planning including site and feasibility studies, land use, and capital planning.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with public officials, developers, lawyers, real estate brokers and agents, architects, engineers, and contractors, client's representatives, and team members.
- Technically astute and strategic in thinking.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to go on occasional travel - up to 5% of time.
- Experience working with the Department of Energy (DOE) or other Federal or State or Foreign agencies or companies, desired. Demonstrated experience and understand of the federal capital appropriation system and budgeting cycle.
- Proven experience in lease negotiations, facility operation, facility condition assessments, research operations, facility/system commissioning, project turnover to operations, and facility maintenance and management.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale campus planning, community or city planning.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration, Urban or Regional Planning, Public Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, or Architecture.
- Experience with municipal planning including establishment of innovation districts and housing authorities.
- Experience with GIS.
- Salary Grade: 220
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols:
As a condition of employment, INL will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidate compliance with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
INL has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID - 19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with INL's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.