Senior Kafka Architect Job
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver; TX - Amarillo; TX - Lubbock; WI - Eau Claire
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
The Senior IT Architect is a key role within the IT organization. They own and govern the use of architecture design patterns, data tools and principles that align to the overarching IT Strategy and optimally serve their respective domain. They consult and collaborate cross-organizationally to support delivery of end-to-end capabilities. They own, report, and consult on the overall health and corresponding risks of the Technical domain.
- Architectural Operations: Review and approve projects and work efforts to ensure that they are compliant with architectural standards. Track and manage exceptions to standards. Continuously improve operational processes. Assess, report, and make recommendations to eliminate operational risk related to technology or architecture.
- Technical Expertise: Provide consultation and direction to delivery and operational teams on optimal architecture for respective solutions. Maintain state-of-the-art expertise of enterprise architecture technologies, frameworks, and industry innovations.
- Leadership: Lead work cross-organizationally through coaching and feedback, and through significant interactions and influence with leaders. Govern work efforts to ensure alignment with reference architecture, IT strategy and policy. Collaborate cross-organizationally to influence alignment on and adoption of enterprise architecture standards.
- Planning and Strategy: Participate in creation and renewal of an overarching IT strategy. Develop and enforce reference architecture standards that are aligned with IT strategies and principles. Contribute to architecture road maps and provide input to technology roadmaps. Ensure the domain IT Strategy align with Enterprise Architecture framework and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Ten years of related functional experience.
- Architecture acumen across multiple domains including network, infrastructure, software, hosting models, mobile platforms, and security.
- Exposure to diverse systems, technologies and processing environments in a large Corporate setting.
- Project solution architecture experience.
- General knowledge of core aspects of enterprise architecture (Software, Hardware, Network, Integration, Data, hosting models, platform types, etc.).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive knowledge of future technology trends within area of expertise.
- Demonstrated leadership on technical aspects of large scale projects.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill sets.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Experience in Confluent Kafka Capacity planning, installation, administration/Platform management and deep knowledge of Kafka internals.
- Experience in Confluent Kafka Cluster, Security, Disaster recovery, Data pipeline, Data replication, Performance optimization.
- Experience of Kubernetes and Confluent Operator.
- Experience in installation / upgrade / management of multi node clusters.
- Strong experience in implementing software solutions in enterprise Linux or Unix environments.
- Experience in Data Ingestion and Streaming tools.
- Hands-on experience in setting up and running Azure and AWS Data platforms. Hands-on working knowledge on cloud native data components.
- Extensive background in Systems Architecture, Clustering & Distributed Systems, Programming, Security, Networking & Load Balancing, Monitoring, Scripting and Automation gained in large mission critical infrastructures.
- Experience with integrating various security solutions such as LDAP, Kerberos, CyberArk system / installation management tools into the overall solution.
- Understanding of configuration management systems, devops and automation.
- Demonstrable experience in gathering and understanding customer's business requirements, solutioning and implementing them.
- In depth work experience on Messaging, Data Ingestion, Stream and Batch Processing etc.
- Certifications on Confluent Kafka, Cloud Technologies is a plus.
- Understanding of OS, network configuration, devices, protocols, and performance optimization.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver; TX - Amarillo; TX - Lubbock; WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Technology Services || 56745:IT-Enterprise Services || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $103,000 to $146,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53347
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.