Senior IT Solutions Lead Job
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
The Sr Solution Lead is responsible for leading work within or across end-to-end solution lifecycle. They provide IT expertise, vision, and work direction to achieve strategic initiatives, customer and operational needs, portfolio health and business outcomes. They provide in-depth knowledge of the business needs, processes, and corresponding solutions. They provide technical leadership and coordination cross-organizationally to ensure solutions align with architecture and IT strategy. They are a key contact to business, customer and stakeholder groups for their respective domain, helping ensure business needs and corresponding value and risk are well represented.
- Relationship Management: Partner with business areas, customers and other stakeholders to understand needs and opportunities. Establish and maintain collaborative partnership with internal partners. Provide coaching and work direction to less experienced team members.
- Solution Delivery: Lead efforts in end-to-end solution lifecycle from strategic planning, through demand management, delivery lifecycle activities, and operation. Ensure solutions drive great user experience and operational performance. Drive speed to deployments and continuous delivery to meet changing customer and stakeholder needs.
- Strategy & Planning: Lead efforts to understand operational health, customer satisfaction, and total cost of operation and build awareness of opportunities and risks. Represent business partners/stakeholders in strategic planning and investment prioritization.
- Operations Management: Drive alignment with stakeholders on maintenance activities and schedules. Ensure delivery practices uphold continuous integration of operational functions. Provide escalated support as needed to drive restoration of service disruptions.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Stay abreast of industry and technology trends to continuously improve solution delivery practices and customer satisfaction.
- Ten years of related functional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Science, Business or related field, or 4 years of experience equivalent to the position.
- Excellent communication skills, effective with varying organizational levels and skill set, and able to translate between technical and non-technical concepts.
- Excellent Relationship Management and collaboration skills, with a track record of working as one team cross-organizationally to drive innovation and business results.
- Experience with Project or Product delivery practices, including SDLC, Agile and Waterfall.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend innovative solutions to support complex business requirements.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement through lean, agile, six sigma.
- Demonstrated in depth knowledge of end-to-end process and system capabilities, industry standards and emerging technologies and methods.
- Expertise in technical, functional, and operational details of respective solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build functional and technical subject matter expertise, process and tools expertise, and drive consistency in processes.
- Experience with strategic planning, demand management, execution, and operation of IT solutions.
- Experience with contract and vendor management.
- In-depth expertise on core IT components within the respective domain.
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver; WI - Eau Claire
Organization: Technology Services
Department: 56265:IT-SAP Center of Excell
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Elizabeth A Robinson
Hiring Manager: Steve A Moschkau
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.