Senior Instructor Operations Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Experienced trainer with in-depth knowledge of plant operation, and proficiency in the application of systematic approach to training (SAT) principles. Conducts analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation activities for accredited initial and continuing operator training. Provides coaching and feedback to both licensed and non-licensed operators to improve their performance in classroom, laboratory, on the job, and simulator settings. Supports activities necessary to maintain accreditation of the operator training programs. Supports the development and administration of annual and biennial operator exams per 10CFR55 and NUREG 1021.
- Leads, Develops and conducts training in the classroom and/or simulator for all operator training programs including non-licensed operator, licensed operator, Shift Manager and Shift Technical Advisor training per NRC requirements. Develop and administer examinations for all operator training programs.
- Analyze programs, operational experience and designs training for all operations training programs including non-licensed operator, licensed operator, Shift Manager and Shift Technical Advisor training. Leads Assist with self-assessments and other evaluations of the various operator training programs.
- Continuously pursues personnel development, learning and qualifications to support the various operator training programs such as general instructor, simulator booth operator, SRO Certification, and simulator floor instructor. Once qualified, maintain SRO Certification to support instructional needs
- Participates as a member of the site Emergency Response Organization (ERO).
- Supports plant refueling outages by transitioning to the plant staff during refueling outages and assists with in-processing training for supplemental workers
- Diploma or GED, plus, Associate's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Military or commercial nuclear experience is considered equivalent on a 1:1 basis.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Requires history of RO or SRO license/SRO Certification.
- Requires 5 or more years of work experience related to plant operation, including 3 years of training related experience.
- Any combination of instructional or work experience related to the operation of a commercial or military nuclear facility; military or commercial instructor, public education or college/technical school teacher, or qualified in-plant trainer.
- National Academy of Nuclear Training (NANT) instructor qualification or must be qualified within 1-year of assignment.
- Must be familiar with SAT principles and applicable regulatory requirements associated with licensed and non-licensed operators.
- Must be familiar with requirements to maintain accreditation of the operator training programs.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Monticello || MN - Monticello || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 45538:FT MT Training-Operations || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $87,000 to $123,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO)
Requisition Number: 49006
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.