Senior Industrial Hygienist - CO Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This position works under general direction and is responsible for identification, evaluation, and recommendation/implementation of controls for workplace occupational health hazards and regulatory compliance through: industrial hygiene surveys, exposure monitoring and assessment, training, medical surveillance, engineering controls, work practices, regulatory compliance auditing, program/policy/procedure development, regulatory agency liaison/interactions, hazard control programs and complex large scale project management, documentation and recordkeeping. Oversight responsibilities of contractors and consultants.
- Works independently and takes the lead in identifying, developing and/or implementing departmental and corporate initiatives. Subject matter expert within assigned area of responsibility, such as revision to existing safety & health programs, and emphasis initiatives, or gap analysis.
- Consults on a wide range of industrial hygiene initiatives within the field, such as employee exposure assessments & work practice enhancements. Has a strong understanding of business operations. Provide subject matter expertise and troubleshooting to problems; advise on corrective actions. Identifies industrial hygiene initiatives/programs to support achievement of business area and corporate objectives.
- Regulatory Compliance - collects and analyzes health & safety sampling/dosimetery data, drafts responses for review. Facilitates routine to complex site inspections and evaluations.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends controls for routine to complex workplace occupational health hazards and regulatory compliance.
- Provides the company with industrial hygiene technical expertise for others within the department and business areas on industrial hygiene matters.
- Investigations - independently conducts routine to complex investigations. May lead or participate as a team member on highly complex investigations.
- Independently conducts complex health audits, industrial hygiene surveys, assessments and inspections, exposure monitoring, medical surveillance and engineering controls.
- Identifies, develops and conducts industrial hygiene, health or environmental hazard training. Participate and act as team lead on teams or committees relating to industrial hygiene and controls.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- ABIH Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience within the Industrial Hygiene related field.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 42445:Corporate Safety || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $77,000 to $109,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48826
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.