Senior Gas Territory Representative Job
Location(s): MN - White Bear Lake; MN - Newport; MN - St Paul
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This position is responsible for promoting, selling and negotiating natural gas service to residential and commercial prospects in a geographic location. Demonstrating the value and benefits of natural gas, and providing end-use recommendations are a key function of this position.
- Plan, prepare, conduct and follow-up on sales calls on a daily basis to potential residential and commercial natural gas customers. Establish and maintain relationships with trade allies and builders/developers.
- Prepare, present and negotiate competitive bids to gain new natural gas business.
- Mentor associate gas territory representatives by providing job shadowing opportunities, explaining sales processes and procedures, sharing and explaining sales tools, and providing formal productive feedback to mentee and management.
- Play an active role in business and professional organizations associated with the Gas industry and community.
- Lead and serve on internal process improvement teams in order to bring the customer perspective to discussions relative to Company policies, procedures, and product offerings.
- Develop and implement an annual sales plan that identifies market potential, sales tactics, forecasted sales accomplishments, and competitive environment and threats.
- Gain resolution for customer concerns or problems such as billing, metering, and service issues. Work with other departments to resolve issues and problems to improve customer service.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of field sales or customer service experience in an energy-related industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or related field.
- Customer ServiceExperience.
- Knowledge of Natural Gas Business.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SAP.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - White Bear Lake || MN - White Bear Lake; MN - Newport; MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Customer & Utility Innovation || 2175T:Gas Sales || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $68,000 to $96,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53265
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.