Senior Financial Analyst or Financial Consultant Job
Job Grade: P
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
This position is posted as a hierarchy at the Senior Financial Analyst or Financial Consultant level. Successful candidate(s) will be hired at the level that is commensurate with their skills and experience
Perform and coordinate the development, tracking, reporting and analysis of financial information, including financial reporting, budget creation, and financial analysis. Provide proactive, clear and actionable recommendations and alternatives to management. Document key processes and internal control points for reporting to management. Direct activities of other analysts as appropriate.
- Perform ongoing tracking, analysis and revisions as required for supported areas of O&M and capital costs. Work with Business Area leaders to provide projections of the impact of deviations on the financial outlook for the remainder of the year. Prepare internal and external reports, and identify and resolve moderate to complex data issues. Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact. Effectively communicate results through concise oral and written communications.
- Provide financial analysis and support to management for the annual budget process, as well as modeling, analysis and financial support for current year and five year forecasting.
- Document key processes of supported areas to ensure consistency and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Provide proactive process improvement recommendations and assist in implementing the accepted solutions.
- Prepare rate case information and analysis as required to support submission. Assist in performing regulatory support for requests or associated schedules.
- Performs and assists with special projects as assigned.
Senior Financial Analyst Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 to 4, or more years experience in general financial accounting or analysis.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, problem solving, customer service, and relationship building desired
Financial Consultant Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred.
- Minimum of 4 to 6, or more years of experience in general financial accounting, reporting or analysis.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated skills in analysis, financial and economic modeling, financial process controls and problem solving.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and to interface with all levels of management.
- Master's Degree or equivalent certification. For example, CPA, CMA, CFA, etc.
- Advisory firm, investment banking, public accounting, and/or other relevant experience
Salary Ranges: SFA level:$68,000 to $96,666 per year; Consultant Level: $79,000-$112,999
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 75000:Business Area Finance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $68,000 to $96,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53046
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.