Senior Director, Customer Marketing and Brand Strategy Job
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
We would prefer for this role to be based in Minneapolis, MN, but could consider candidates who wish to be located in Denver, CO as well. This position can participate in the hybrid telecommuting program.
Leads the function and team focused on building a corporate brand that exemplifies Xcel Energy's mission and connects with the values of our customers and the communities we serve. Drives company-wide strategies for analytics, branding, product marketing and advertising. Partners effectively with cross-functional executives, operating company presidents, as well as external influencers, consultants and vendors to ensure consistency and alignment and to move marketing strategies forward. Oversees all customer qualitative and quantitative research to drive initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and overall marketing impact.
- Advertising & Branding: Provide leadership and direction relative customer-related marketing, branding and advertising activities. Use demographic and other data to drive better interactions and insights. Create and maintain a successful brand and image that attracts customers to existing and new products and services. Develop brand messaging that resonates locally in territories Xcel Energy serves. Provide content and creative development for marketing channels including email, social media, TV/video and other key channels.
- Strategy & Analytics: Aligning senior leaders and executing customer strategies and initiatives that drive transformation, improved customer relationships, innovation, and other desired results. Develop strong capabilities in both qualitative and quantitative customer research, ethnographic research, voice of the customer and other methods for gaining customer insights. Review current marketing trends and advertisements to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies.
- Segment Marketing: Establish segment marketing strategies for existing and new products & services. Oversee the prioritization, calendarization and execution of marketing efforts in partnership with product management. Oversee optimization of marketing spend in core marketing segments including residential, small business and commercial & industrial customers.
- Marketing: Work with both the sales and product teams to develop successful strategies and campaigns that attract new customers and manage retention of existing customers. Assist sales and product teams in optimizing marketing spend to maximize product margins.
- Stakeholder Management: Partner with senior level executives within the business unit, cross-functionally, and externally. Management of outside vendors and consultants, secured by the company for work on key initiatives, customer research and advertising.
- Manage compliance, communications and financial responsibilities of the business unit.
- MBA from top marketing-oriented business school strongly preferred.
- Experience in retail mass market customer acquisition required. Experience with utility brand and marketing preferred but not required.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other marketing platforms strongly preferred.
- Fifteen years or more of progressively responsible leadership experience and relevant work experience, with a track record of guiding significant transformation.
- Experience driving product marketing strategy for $500M+ revenue.
- Significant experience in brand marketing and advertising, digital channels, marketing optimization and driving cross functional customer satisfaction improvement initiatives.
- Ability to communicate and influence leaders of all levels, throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent results individually, and while working through others, in a diverse, rapidly moving business environment.
- Strong business acumen.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 51125:Advertising & Brand Strategy || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $156,000 to $220,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Pay - Long Term Incentive, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53104
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.