Senior Cybersecurity Operations Analyst (SOC)
ISO New England
Senior Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst
As a member of ISO-NEs SOC, you will be part of an enthusiastic cyber response team tasked with hunting for signs of intrusion in the New England power grid and coordinating regional cyber response actions when an attack takes place
This position is for cyber security analysts who are passionate about taking adversarial cyber threat head on, have been in the area of focus for a few years and are ready to take on a new impactful challenge.
How you will make an impact
- Hunt for signs of advanced cyber threat using advanced behavioral analysis tools and methods.
- Innovate during cyber investigations to reveal obscured attack tactics from advanced adversaries.
- Engage with government and military cyber defense teams tasked with defending U.S critical infrastructure
- Establish cyber practice to support New England regional and U.S. critical infrastructure defense strategy.
- Sustain an agile and high performing team committed to protect U.S critical infrastructure.
- Advance your skills and the skills of junior analysts on a continual basis.
- Join extensive simulated cyber-attack training exercise as part of a worst case scenario for cyber response preparation
- Work a paid rotating on-call schedule for coverage during nights and weekends.
- Draft and/or deliver reporting related to security monitoring and incident response.
- Support the NERC CIP compliance team in protecting the integrity and confidentiality of ISO-NE Bulk Electric System assets.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Cyber Security or related fields preferred.
- Experience in security operations: network monitoring, intrusion detection, incident analysis, incident handling.
- Passion for technology and a strong desire to continue lifelong learning regarding emerging technologies, evolving threats, and leading edge frameworks.
- Industry security certifications preferred, such as, Splunk Fundamentals 1, Splunk Fundamentals 2, Splunk Core Certified User, Splunk Core Certified Power User, SANS GSEC, GMON, GCIA GCIH, GDAT, GRID, CrowdStrike Certified Falcon Responder (CCFR), etc...
- Knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK Framework. MITRE ATT&CK Security Operations Center Assessment Certification or MITRE ATT&CK Defender training a plus.
- Experience with cybersecurity tools such as SIEM, NGAV, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, EDR, NDR.
- Process oriented with ability to document and communicate security issues.
- Knowledge of modern Windows and Linux OS, network protocols, TCP/IP model, OSI model, network architecture and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of ICS/OT/SCADA architecture and protocols a plus.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Telecommute % 20
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.