Senior Community Activation Strategist
Salt River Project
Primary job function is to provide hands-on event work to ensure all aspects of events are effectively planned and executed once strategy is determined. Directs tactical development and implementation of SRP's community sponsorships and events to effectively reach target audiences, engage and education customers, achieve corporate goals, and enhance customer satisfaction and brand image/loyalty. Collaborates with internal cross-functional teams and external partners to cost-effectively produce events that accomplish multiple objectives and deliver exceptional attendee experiences.
- Works with Community Engagement Strategy team and internal partners in analysis of the overall event marketplace to identify opportunities that effectively reach target audiences, achieve corporate and program goals, and enhance customer satisfaction and brand image/loyalty.
- Contributes to the process for pre-campaign analyses, ongoing tracking, and post-campaign analyses for all sponsorships, events and activities hosted or sponsored by SRP.
- Directs the development of audio/visual, virtual components, displays, signage, collateral materials and other items required in order to achieve the event objectives.
- Ensures on-site logistics are managed effectively by the team for all SRP events and activities, with a keen focus on safety for staff and attendees.
- Participates in segment-specific core teams for program/segment information relevant to customer engagement and education.
- Primary liaison to Creative Services and Community strategy team to provide relevant industry nuances and ensure event engagement effectiveness.
- Serves on the team which is primary liaison to CPR team for project coordination and Community Strategy and Creative Services teams for event/sponsorship activation.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Requires a minimum of 5years of experience in a similar or related discipline that prepares an individual to perform the stated job duties for the senior level.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in event marketing, event execution, event evaluation, project management, or a related discipline is preferred.
- Ability to perform under pressure, manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of the electric utility industry is highly desired.
- Due to the nature of these responsibilities, flexibility is essential for irregular workdays/hours per calendar week and being available at any time to address urgent event needs that are escalated to this position.
- Considerable local travel is required, with occasional overnight travel.
Requisition ID: 15093
SRP currently offers a hybrid workplace, which allows employees whose jobs can be performed remotely, and who have sufficient technical capability, to telework up to three days per week. Although teleworking is available, all employees must live and work in Arizona. We are taking steps to protect the health and well-being of all team members, and by following a number of health and safety protocols, to reduce the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.