Senior Communications Specialist
ISO New England
How you will make an Impact
- Write features and content for ISO New England's online platforms (website, newsletter, social media -- LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Support media relations activities, including routine media inquiries, draft press releases, statements, and backgrounders, and emergency communications
- Develop and maintain social media outreach to showcase ISO New England's content, data, and reports
- Re-leverage content, data, and reports into new and relevant information products for digital platforms
- Use web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics) to determine how and what information is being accessed on the different ISO platforms
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism or relevant field
- Five or more years' experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism, and/or marketing
- Strong writer, with proven track record of storytelling ability
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office and Photoshop
- Experience using social media and email-marketing tools
- Knowledge of website analytics (such as Google Analytics)
- Highly organized and deadline driven
- Able to work collaboratively with a team as well as independently
- Knowledge and interest in the energy industry, power grids, and wholesale markets
- InDesign knowledge
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 60
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.