Senior Category Manager Job
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This Category Manager will be in charge of Consulting Services. It will includemanagement consulting, strategy development, capability assessments, financial audits, etc.
Employees have the option of working a hybrid schedule which includes one day a week in the office and the remaining remotely from home.
Provide sourcing leadership and direction for complex, critical sourcing categories with the greatest impact. Lead cross functional teams to drive successful project and category outcomes/results. Develop and effectively execute sourcing strategy. Collaborate with the business to plan and implement complex competitive sourcing events and other activities to advance category strategies. Develop effective negotiation strategies and negotiate commercial terms with critical suppliers to achieve objectives. Manage risk mitigation efforts and oversee on-going supplier performance. Ensure compliance with supplier safety, risk assessments, and other supplier programs. Serve as a technical expert for the Category Management organization.
- Lead the development and implementation of critical enterprise-wide category strategies. Perform spend and cost analysis (e.g. total cost of ownership and should cost models) and develop category strategies to achieve maximum value capture. Complete supplier research and risk profiles. Monitor industry information external factors and trends to ensure category strategy is leading current best practices. Develop and execute complex sourcing event strategies and guide others on the team. In conjunction with logistics personnel implement optimal inventory strategies.
- Lead tier I supplier relationship management efforts for multiple and the most critical suppliers focusing on improving total cost of ownership quality delivery and continuous improvement. Maintain awareness of supplier innovations and incorporate them into sourcing strategy. Establish KPIs and metrics. Monitor document and evaluate supplier performance. Lead the resolution of disputes with critical suppliers.
- Develop strategy and lead negotiations to establish contracts that support category strategies while meeting business requirements. Review analyze verify and negotiate contract changes or additional work orders. Monitor compliance across buying channel supplier and contract purchasing execution. Manage contractor claims to resolution. Ensure suppliers comply with contract terms and meet all commitments. Develop and communicate contract summary and implementation plans.
- Develop risk management strategies in conjunction with Legal and Security apply understanding of underlying principles of contract law. In collaboration with business area management manage and define the risk elements of the contract. Limit Xcel Energy risk by ensuring all required documents and notices have been obtained and are satisfactory.
- Create and manage project plans to implement category strategies. Manage supply chain business and supplier continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide expert guidance oversight and collaboration with the supply chain team to build category and sourcing strategies. Generate and implement new ideas/ processes. Mentor and provide work oversight.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain management, business, or related technical/analytical field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- MBA as well as Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) or other supply chain certification strongly preferred.
- A combination of eight years of supply chain and industry experience, including category management, supplier relationship management, sourcing, and contract management expertise.
- A combination of five years of experience directly leading complex contact negotiations and project management.
- Proficient with Microsoft® Office Suite and significant experience with purchasing and sourcing systems is required.
- Frequently required to attend meetings in various locations, up to 20% travel; driver's license required.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 42800:Supply Chain || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $103,000 to $146,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53155
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.