Senior Cash Management Analyst Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Senior level position within cash management area responsible for daily decision-making related to all aspects of liquidity management.
- Coordinate daily short-term borrowing activities with commercial paper dealers and/or bank credit facilities for all Xcel Energy entities. Determine quality of service provided by dealers and make decisions regarding adding/deleting dealers to/from Xcel's family of commercial paper programs. Factor current market conditions into daily borrowing decisions from discussions with dealers and keep upper management informed of any unusual circumstances or anticipated changes in the market - i.e. Federal Reserve interest rate cuts/hikes, impact of potential rating agency upgrades or downgrades rates, utility industry trends that positively or negatively impact liquidity, general economic conditions that impact the liquidity market.
- Work with Corporate Finance to ensure authorized borrowing levels are approved and continually monitored for Xcel entities participating in the inter-company loan program. Determine inter-company borrowing needs and process loans on a daily basis. Coordinate month-end reporting of inter-company borrowing activities.
- Work effectively with Corporate Finance on timing and amounts of security issuances, the proceeds of which will be used to refund more expensive debt offerings and/or reduce outstanding commercial paper.
- Coordinate reporting of quarter and year-end commercial paper activity to rating agencies. Coordinate with and provide responses to Investor Relations for other miscellaneous credit agency data requests related to short-term liquidity, commercial paper back-up support and bank credit facility borrowings.
- Ensure accuracy of Daily Cash Position Report which indicates (1) outstanding commercial paper debt (2) bank credit facility borrowings (3) inter-company payables/receivable balances (4) external short-term investment balances and (5) inter-company guarantees for each Xcel entity as of the end of each business day.
- Ensure mechanisms and processes are available for short-term investment of excess cash including web-based ability to invest, redeem and report.
- Complete cash management special projects as assigned.
- Learn and understand functionality to ensure maximum utilization of XRT treasury workstation.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- 2-4 or more years' experience in cash management or related field with emphasis on cash management, working capital management, forecasting, financial analysis with a general knowledge of short-term investments, debt instruments, and banking terminology
- Demonstrated planning, analytical and problem solving
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to respond to changing demands from multiple sources
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Graduate degree in Finance, Investments or related academic discipline
- CFA or CTP
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 70220:Cash Management || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $68,000 to $96,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53063
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.