Scheduler Analyst (Current Austin Energy Employees Only)
Scheduler Analyst (Current Austin Energy Employees Only)
Job Requisition Number
Power Supply & Market Ops
For Austin Energy:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus three (3) years of experience in a field related to electric utility line or power plant construction and maintenance.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in construction or maintenance activities, including three (3) years of which were in the planning, coordination, and scheduling of utility construction projects.
For Austin Water:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus 3 years of experience in coordination and scheduling of utility infrastructure projects.
- Education may substitute for experience up to two (2) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
This position performs duties associated with the Sand Hill Energy Center outage planning and work scheduling.
Outage planning requires knowledge of power production and maintenance activities. Create preventative and predictive maintenance plans with direction from supervisors and superintendents. Build an outage schedule in Microsoft Project for each planned outage event. Work with maintenance superintendent and maintenance supervisors to establish planned hours for each craft on outage planning.
Daily work scheduling requires reviewing work orders in Maximo, checking for correct equipment I.D. and no duplications. preparing for weekly maintenance planning meeting to review PM's due next week, safety and environmental work orders and work orders waiting on parts. Preparing for weekly O&M meeting by developing schedule for next week, generate PM's and assign to appropriate crew backlog, present weekly schedule at O&M meeting.
The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Starting salary will be based on overall relevant experience from your application.
- Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as "see résumé" will not be accepted. You may use "N/A" for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
Monday through Friday
6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Sand Hill Energy Center, 1101 Falwell Ln., Del Valle, TX
- Knowledge and understanding of basic industrial safety
- Knowledge and understanding of basic power production
- Experience in Maximo to include:
- Work order review for accuracy and duplication
- PM creation and review for accuracy
- Check backlog for duplicate and overdue PM work orders
- Create job plans and review based on actual experience
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities - Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluations, training, and guidance to others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of construction projects common to utilities.
- Knowledge of workforce requirements and work output for field construction crews.
- Knowledge of equipment and construction techniques common to utility construction practices.
- Skill in reviewing and summarizing project status reports.
- Skill in maintaining records of project phase.
- Skill in scheduling workforce.
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
About this Employer
Austin Energy is one of the largest publicly owned electric utilities in the nation, providing low-cost reliable power to more than 500,000 customers and more than 1 million residents. Our mission is to deliver clean, affordable, reliable energy and excellent customer service.
We are industry leaders in conservation and renewable energy, developing some of the most comprehensive energy efficiency programs in the nation. We purchase renewable energy from wind, solar and biomass facilities to minimize our impact on the environment, and are recognized as a top-ranked Texas utility for green power sales.
As a publicly owned utility, we do more than provide power to our customers. We participate in dozens of community outreach events each year, contribute to Austin’s economic growth and continue to make strides in our commitment to environmental excellence.