PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Sales Engineer
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: New Orleans, LA
Reports to: President
PIC Group has an excellent opportunity for an Sales Engineer supporting a solutions-based provider of power related equipment located in New Orleans, LA. The Sales Engineer will report to the President of the Company and is focused on developing key accounts within the industrial sector for integration of power system equipment applications. The Sales Engineer will play a vital role for advancing core power system product lines to industrial accounts for an established solutions based approach. The Sales Engineer will focus on continued organizational growth by developing new customers, while also expanding existing clients market share. The Sales Engineer will contribute within a tight knit team of professionals who are enabled and empowered to thrive in an environment that upholds accountability, excellence, collaboration, and innovation with custom solutions tailored to meet our customer's needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with Senior Leadership, set and achieve performance goals as they relate to the company's strategic objectives.
- Forecast opportunities and market dynamics to proactively guide sales activity and account penetration for assigned territory and accounts.
- Effectively qualify sales opportunities to uncover and capture new sales.
- Effectively articulate the reasons to buy from a unique value added brand.
- Strategically pursue business relationships with key partner clients and vendors.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management software (CRM), HubSpot, for accurate tracking of sales goals and activities.
- Build a strong internal business relationship with the team that fosters unity and complete customer satisfaction.
- Create a robust pipeline that focuses on future business development and is supported by a valid timeline of quote to close metrics.
- Operate with moral integrity that is aligned with team members and represents the organization's core values.
- Provide interface between the customer stakeholders and our internal team as needed.
- Advise management team of relevant market changes that affect overall sales capabilities.
- Develop and maintain long term strategic relationships with end users and key vendors, both up and down stream.
- Effectively manage conflict with internal and external stakeholders, driving toward successful project and equipment sales.
- Ensure that all sales/growth goals are met or exceeded on integrated quotas.
- Create and implement a successful plan for assigned territory/accounts.
- Communicate honestly and effectively, reflecting a strong commitment to a team spirit and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure a strong, systematic approach to continuous improvement of process, product, and personal/professional development.
- Physical demands include managing customer calls in an office setting.
- Travel by car and plane to meet with customers in an industrial setting that may require the use of required safety equipment, climbing stairs and/or performing a site walkdown.
- Possess a professional presence and business acumen to effectively build relationships both internally and directly with the client.
- Ability to educate the marketplace on Company's approach to product line integration for a clear understanding of key features and benefits.
- Demonstrated results with new business development and also increasing existing client revenue. Proficient organizational skills and attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to use software tools such as HubSpot to manage account plan, track and report sales activity, organize opportunities and share customer communications.
- Have a "team player" attitude with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work independently, be goal oriented and driven to succeed.
- Extensive results in effectively managing a complex sales process.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Up to 50% travel, at times extended, with an ability to perform "ride-alongs" to support other sales staff as needed.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably Engineering.
- Master's degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 3+ years of CRM experience required, HubSpot preferred.
- 6+ years of demonstrated results in selling solutions to customers in industrial settings, with recent proven performance in the management of strategic relationship development, customers, and increase business is required.
- Prior experience in identifying, negotiating, and closing large capital project sales opportunities that are $1M+ with an extended sales cycle of 12+ months.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.