Safety Manager - Gas Support Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Provide multi-jurisdictional direction to officers and business area leadership concerning matters related to safety programs and projects. Partner strategically to integrate safety and regulatory compliance initiatives into the business operating strategies. Partner with corporate and contractor safety to ensure a strategic and collaborative approach to achieving alignment. Direct the effective & efficient utilization of the Company's safety functions, with emphasis on safety program management and oversight.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and administer a portfolio of safety strategies and programs that meet regulatory requirements & produce desired business results through effective program management.
- Partner with business area leadership to optimize effective safety program strategies for all business area capital and O&M projects. Set expectations & goals with the business areas in fostering an environment where safety and compliance are integral parts of the business. Understand customers, industry dynamics & regulatory environment to effectively prioritize strategic direction.
- Lead and set priorities through business area teams for maximum efficiency in the implementation of policies, programs and initiatives that meet business area objectives and regulatory compliance.
- Provide guidance, technical expertise and counsel to business area leadership in dealing with federal, state and local regulatory entities. Partner with corporate safety in responding to agency requests. Develop & maintain effective relationships with vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Responsible for hiring, managing and maintaining an effective team of professionals. Attract, recruit and retain a highly motivated technical staff. Develop and communicate clear performance expectations at a team and individual level.
- Manage budgetary responsibilities.
- College degree in safety, education, business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience required.
- Eight years of utility experience or related experience in an industrial environment.
- Five years demonstrated management experience.
- Utility safety program management experience preferred.
- Project management, process improvement, negotiation, strategic implementation, team leadership and facilitation experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse & rapidly changing business environment, customer focus, strong communication skills and in depth knowledge of industry regulations.
- Certifications preferred.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 42400:VP Safety || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $100,000 to $142,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49723
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.