Safety Consultant - Hayden Station Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This position will serve the safety needs of the Hayden Station Coal plant in Hayden, CO.
Conduct multiple, medium-to-large, critical projects and programs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety and health statutes and regulations. Responsible to recognize, monitor and make recommendations to ensure workplace safety hazards are corrected through audits, ergonomic assessments and interventions ensuring compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies rules.
- Provide technical safety consulting services to internal customers. Responsibilities include recognition, evaluation and recommendations for minimizing employee injuries/illnesses through hazard identification, accident investigation, audits, ergonomic assessments and review of accident history.
- Conduct focused work site and crew observations to identify safety excellence and hazards. Provide annual safety audits and focused self-assessments to measure and evaluate hazard controls and hazard control programs and deliver feedback to business unit management on their level of regulatory compliance. Will function as a consultant to local safety committees, employees and management. Will assist in program development and direction and be responsible to audit the results.
- Monitor and interpret federal, state, and local safety and health rules and regulations which impact the business units and recommend compliance options in conjunction with safety policies and programs.
- Develop training lesson plan content and provide regulatory compliance training to personnel for new hire safety orientations and annual OSHA required training.
- Maintain professional expertise. Attend professional development conferences/seminars and maintain professional certifications. Participate on internal or external task force committees related to new regulatory compliance or continuous improvement in safety. Maintains a working knowledge of current safety regulations and serves as a resource to management and employees on interpretation and compliance.
- Engage and influence management to help develop their responsibility and leadership in safety in their locations. Assist site management with contractor safety questions and compliance paperwork. Work with contractor safety consultant during overhaul/projects to ensure alignment and consistency in safe work expectations for work teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related discipline or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
- Recognized safety certification required.
- Certified Safety Professional designation (BCSP) preferred.
- Three years of work experience within the safety field.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Hayden || CO - Hayden || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 45451:Field Safety and Training ES || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $66,000 to $94,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48808
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.