Rotating Fleet Technician II Job
Job Grade: G28
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Bargaining
We anticipate the need for one or moreRotating Fleet Technicians to be located at the Chestnut Service Center, Minnesota. The starting rate of pay for this position will beTech I -$45.11 and Tech II - $37.73.for level 2 hourlyas defined in the labor agreement.
straight 5x8 DAYS schedule until probation end at 90 days. Then will go to the Rotating shift is Monday-Thursday or Tuesday-Friday, 4 weeks at 6:00 am-4:00 pm and 4 weeks at 2:00 pm-12:00 am. This job will be posted for 10 Business days from December 16th, 2022 - December 30th, 2022.
Inspect service, repair and maintain vehicles, trailers, aerials and power operated equipment. Work may be performed primarily in company service garages as well as occasional job site field work. Individual(s) selected must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently. Individual must be highly motivated, customer service driven, detail oriented and quality focused. Position will involve frequent lifting in excess of 50 lbs. as well as prolonged standing. The ability to inspect, service and diagnose as well as properly make minor and major repairs to electrical, hydraulic, air conditioning, gasoline and diesel systems are key success factors for this position.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A two-year technical, vocational or trade school diploma in automotive, truck, and/or heavy equipment service repair and maintenance;and/ora minimum of five years of verifiable experience in these defined fields is required.
- Successful applicant must meet all requirements of FMCSR Parts 382 and 391 including the possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL Class A).or obtain within 6 months of employment.
- The individual must either currently have or be able to obtain a Minnesota annual vehicle inspectors' certification
- Applicant must have the ability to read/write and understand the English language, perform basic mathematics and possess basic computer skills.
- Successful applicant must furnish standard and metric tools in accordance with the Fleet department's required tool list.
- A high level of safety awareness with a demonstrated commitment to working safely always is required.
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds routinely.
- Fluid Power Society and/or ASE certifications (or equivalent) desired.
- Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment.
- Must maintain a high level and awareness of safety, quality customer service, with a demonstrated commitment to working safely and effectively.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 2624E:ME Fleet || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $37.67 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan
Requisition Number: 53325
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.