Relay Journeyman (2 positions) - Albuquerque, NM
Deadline to apply: September 11, 2022
(Currently or previous experience working as a Relay Technician), (Degree in Electronics is preferred or an approved Relay apprenticeship program).
Salary Grade: U32
$45.85 per hour
This position is covered by NERC CIP cyber security standards. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a Personnel Risk Assessment, which includes identity verification and a criminal background check. Prior to being granted unescorted access to cyber secure areas, the candidate must attend cyber security training; supplemental training for certain PNMR Energy/Generation/Plant Management Systems and annual cyber security training will be required.
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNICATIONS AND RELAY
DUTIES: Under general supervision of communication and relay manager foreman, or working foreman.
- Directs apprentices, skilled and semi-skilled workers in a variety of duties by installing, testing, troubleshooting, and performing maintenance on relays, relay schemes, and control circuits throughout the transmission, generation, and distribution system
- Cleans, checks, and physically examines relays; electrically calibrates and sets relays in accordance with settings received from Engineering
- Makes electrical calibrations so as to plot operating curves of the relays. Makes tests to check polarity, ratio, and performance of current and potential transformers
- Maintains, tests, and repairs relays
- Installs cable, conduit, cable tray, and panels
- Installs new relay equipment or may replace parts as required; connects relay and various electrical equipment testing mechanisms to a test board to simulate operating conditions; compares manufacturer's specifications of relays prescribed function to determine if exact sequence of operations are obtained.
- Makes necessary adjustments or repairs
- Cooperates with other personnel in testing relay-tripping action
- Verifies proper operation of control and indication circuits
- Adjusts relays by tightening or loosening nuts, bolts, tension springs, or other parts until readings indicate relay is performing according to specifications, utilizing a thorough knowledge of the function, operation, and construction of a large variety of complex and delicate relays
- Also has knowledge of electronic components and skills necessary to test, calibrate, and maintain solid state relays
- Obtains proper clearance and performs switching operations on equipment for repair, maintenance, or construction work and places tags on equipment accordingly after coordinating with proper personnel
- Performs shop duties in the repair, testing, overhaul, and calibration of malfunctioning equipment; prepares records of maintenance and inspection and submits to supervisor
- Performs all duties in a safe manner complying with all safety and operational procedures; must be proficient in the application of first aid to injured persons; may work in areas requiring caution and use of safety devices; assists in providing instruction and training to apprentices
- Performs other related and assigned duties.
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTINUED
This job description must be read in concert with the Administrative Section of the Union Job Description Manual.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.