Regulatory Compliance Analyst - Transmission Policy & Contracts
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and innovative future is now.
PSE's Policy & Energy Supply team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Regulatory Compliance Analyst - Transmission Policy & Contracts position!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position will be discussed in further detail during the interview process.
Puget Sound Energy's Transmission Policy and Contracts department is looking to fill a regulatory compliance role on our team.
This role researches, plans, develops and implements compliance programs to ensure the company meets all federal, state and regulatory requirements. There will be opportunities to advise other departments on regulatory requirements, conduct employee training on applicable requirements, and provide input into federal and state rulemaking proceedings. This role will also monitor and interpret federal and state regulations, orders and rules to stay informed of current and changing requirements.
In addition, this role upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE’s operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities and promotes and supports a culture of total safety. The Regulatory Compliance Analyst will demonstrate commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct and ensure duties are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance obligations.
- Researches and remains current on federal, state and other statutes, regulations and orders.
- Provides support in the planning, development and implementation of programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements (e.g. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission).
- Provides support in developing training programs to ensure employees are knowledgeable about regulatory compliance and policy issues and conducts necessary training.
- Coordinates with compliance personnel in other departments to meet compliance standards and timelines.
- Provides input into federal and state rulemaking proceedings.
- Works cooperatively with staff from other departments to communicate pending or upcoming regulatory proposals and obtains input from others in aligning regulatory proposals with company objectives.
- Establishes and maintains database of all compliance materials including report templates, documentation guidelines and training materials.
- Provides support for formal audits and helps address audit concerns.
- Responds in a timely manner to day-to-day requests from business units on compliance matters in coordination with immediate supervisor or manager.
- Provides support and maintenance of department's OASIS website and Open Access Transmission Tariff.
- Provides support for managing transmission contracts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, economics, finance, engineering; or applicable field, and one year of applicable experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of federal and state rules and regulations concerning compliance processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new and upgraded computerized systems to job responsibilities, including use of software tracking mechanism for compliance issues, word-processing, spreadsheets and presentation programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access
- 2 years of broad utility experience or compliance experience in other regulated industry.
- Understanding of utility operations and regulations.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.