Regulatory Analyst, Associate
ITC Holdings Corp.
Provides business analysis support on various regulatory topics, including transmission policy development, tariffs, ratemaking, regulatory compliance and economic analysis. Researches, analyzes, interprets and distributes information on regulatory matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides regulatory business analysis support by interfacing with all levels of leadership to discuss and clarify regulatory issues
- Develops reports to meet leadership requests for regulatory related information
- Performs economic analysis of regulatory alternatives including effects on rate base, income cash flow, unit costs, financial accounting and formula rates
- Develops and applies fixed charge rates for use in formula rates, contracts and cost sharing agreements
- Participates in regulatory proceedings by reviewing regulatory filings and developing brief summaries of these filings and the implications to the company and assists in the preparation of data requests
- Supports company advocacy efforts on transmission policy initiatives
- Monitors Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) open meetings and work with company employees on regulatory initiatives to identify potential impact on the company
- Assists in development of appropriate responses to further the company's strategic goals
- Represents the company by participating in Regional Transmission Operator (RTO) committees/task forces to protect and further enhance the company's interest on key initiatives
- Participates in internal debrief meetings to assist in development of consistent messages within each RTO committee/task force
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, business, engineering is preferred or relevant, equivalent experience and/or education.
- Some experience as a Regulatory Analyst or similar responsibility preferred
- Knowledge of utility cost of service ratemaking, revenue requirement and utility financial accounting preferred
- Some financial modeling experience and/or working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including: the ability to convey complex information clearly, concisely and effectively
- Logical problem-solving skills and the ability to thoroughly research issues and analyze various types of information
- Ability to elicit the support of internal subject matter experts to respond to various regulatory issues
- Ability to understand and interpret the effects of FERC and various state utility commission rules and regulations on the company
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and capable of working on multiple projects and tasks and completing the necessary work to meet time deadlines
- Ability to travel for Company business, including overnight stays, up to several times per month.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer. ITC does not sponsor employment visas, such as H-1B or TN visas.
About this Employer
ITC, a Fortis company, is the energy industry’s leading electricity transmission company. We deliver bulk electrical energy from power generating plants along high-voltage lines to the local distribution system of utilities serving communities. We invest in power lines that will meet the needs of the 21st century.
As the only fully independent transmission company in the U.S., our business is not distracted by electricity generation or distribution. Transmission is our sole focus. As a result, we can concentrate fully on planning, building, operating and investing in high-value, highly-reliable electricity transmission to our customers and communities.
ITC owns and operates high-voltage transmission facilities in Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma. ITC’s grid development focus includes growth through regulated infrastructure investment as well as domestic and international expansion through merchant and other commercial development opportunities.